Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm bummed because I can't get a Roubaix in my size till September (according to the local Spec. rep). I'm just waiting for the 07s to come out now.

I can't remember when they posted specs last year. Anyone remember?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'd concur with Critchie after what I heard today from one NZ dealer. This poor guy had been unable to source any Specialized bikes for several months since they've stopped production of '06 bikes a while back (according to him).

He was saying, due to Specialized being a sponsor for the World MTB Champs being held in NZ in August, they would be releasing all of their range around that time, not just MTB's... Can't wait!

J.

·
Registered
585 Posts
davis said:
I stopped by the the LBS today, and they had a copy of the 2007 Specialized Catalog.

The new frame used on the Expert and above Roubaix looked great.
Are you referring to the tarmac expert? Do you mind describing its frame? Basically, how is it different from the 06?

I don't want to have you give us all the details, but is it at least the same black/white color scheme?

Thanks.

·
Registered
17 Posts
If anyone can scan (if allowed) the Roubaix pages from the US catalogue I'd be extremely grateful. I was very kindly sent pages from the UK catalogue and the paint schemes were terrible!

Since then I found the below frames which I've been informed are the new '07 models for the US... can someone confirm?

J.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Sorry, those are NOT the 2007 frames. Try these!

JimmyC said:
If anyone can scan (if allowed) the Roubaix pages from the US catalogue I'd be extremely grateful. I was very kindly sent pages from the UK catalogue and the paint schemes were terrible!

Since then I found the below frames which I've been informed are the new '07 models for the US... can someone confirm?

J.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks Critchie... damn sexy machines! Those are the S-Works Roubaix's tho. The lower 2 or 3 Roubaix models don't have that sexy Tarmac-esque curved top tube or insect like rear stays. They're all straight, just like '06.

Would love to see them if anyone can provide some pics!

J.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Hi Tim,

I'm not sure what is taking your shop so long to get the details. We received full specs and pics for all 2007 bikes from Specialized two weeks ago at their dealer event.

Cheers

timhines said:
yeah last week my shop had a catalog but it just had frame geometry. No specs on components. He said he should have the official release catalog within the next few weeks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I think I know why. The new Specialized Agent for our area is new. New to specialized and bikes (he was a camelbak agent before this). I think he has his head up his ass and doesn't realize how crappy his service is.

·
Registered
2 Posts
the elite is practically the same as 06 but it is using 10spd 105 and mavic rims instead of alex. the expert is totally new for 07 it uses a new 8R Az1 frame, full ultegra inc wheels, s-works pave post and a toupe saddle

·
Registered
585 Posts
weemaaan said:
the elite is practically the same as 06 but it is using 10spd 105 and mavic rims instead of alex. the expert is totally new for 07 it uses a new 8R Az1 frame, full ultegra inc wheels, s-works pave post and a toupe saddle
Is 8R Az1 aluminum or carbon? Also, do you think the 06 model will drop significantly (~$700-1000) because of the dramatic upgrade? I would guess that if the new models are the same as the last year's model then last year's model might be sold at a price close to the newer model just slightly cheaper, no?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Carbon, of course!

No the 2006 model will not drop, because there haven't been any available for some time. The 2007 model gets a $300 increase in MSRP to $3100.

rkdvsm said:
Is 8R Az1 aluminum or carbon? Also, do you think the 06 model will drop significantly (~$700-1000) because of the dramatic upgrade? I would guess that if the new models are the same as the last year's model then last year's model might be sold at a price close to the newer model just slightly cheaper, no?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.