Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aside from crashing and putting holes in them, when do you replace bibs?

I've only been riding a few years so I'm just starting to get to where some stuff is wearing out. The latest bib doesn't have any holes and it doesn't look worn out, but I feel like the straps are so loose that the pad no longer sits in the right place and I end up chaffing badly.

·
Registered
5,899 Posts
Aside from crashing and putting holes in them, when do you replace bibs?

I've only been riding a few years so I'm just starting to get to where some stuff is wearing out. The latest bib doesn't have any holes and it doesn't look worn out, but I feel like the straps are so loose that the pad no longer sits in the right place and I end up chaffing badly.
I think you answered your own question. If you think it is time to replace them, then it's time

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,303 Posts
When your friends laugh at you, and complain, when they ride behind you. (The more you wash them, the thinner they get)...Save them for when you ride the trainer, by yourself.

Reactions: DMSC

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think you answered your own question. If you think it is time to replace them, then it's time
They look brand new but definitely have thousands of miles on them. Just wondering if the loosened straps so the chamois doesn't sit right issue is something any one else has experienced.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It depends on the quality of the bibs. I wear Voler Pro or Team bibs. I usually buy new bibs every 4-5 years. But, the old ones just rotate to MTB/Indoor use, for another 4-5 years.

I've worn lower quality bibs (and some that were expensive, too!) that I decided to replace after a single riding season.

Basically, if you think they don't fit correctly any more, I recommend replacing them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts