Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,387 Posts
Does anyone even care???

ultimobici said:
Just wondering when the charade will be over?
Does anyone even care anymore? Just let him serve out his suspension, and then he can start racing parking lot crits with me next year. Although, I'm staying away from him in the corners, he's not so good at bike handling.

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
magnolialover said:
Does anyone even care anymore? Just let him serve out his suspension, and then he can start racing parking lot crits with me next year. Although, I'm staying away from him in the corners, he's not so good at bike handling.
Nice one!

·
Gruntled
3,737 Posts
That was kinda harsh...

but, since his suspension is almost up anyway, it does make you wonder of anyone cares (except TH himself)

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Still 1st year of 2 year suspension

Jim Nazium said:
but, since his suspension is almost up anyway, it does make you wonder of anyone cares (except TH himself)
Hamilton's suspension isn't even half over. His two year suspension started last April, so he's got over 14 months left.

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
Mark McM said:
Hamilton's suspension isn't even half over. His two year suspension started last April, so he's got over 14 months left.
Are you sure? In the case of David Millar, the suspension started when he admitted using EPO. For other riders, the suspension started from when they were prohibited from racing. Has this been decided in the Hamilton case?

Never mind. I found this myself. http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=features/2005/hamilton_decision
"Tyler Hamilton is therefore suspended from competition for a period of two years commencing, April 18, 2005."

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Hamilton suspension start date

asgelle said:
Are you sure? In the case of David Millar, the suspension started when he admitted using EPO. For other riders, the suspension started from when they were prohibited from racing. Has this been decided in the Hamilton case?
You can find out more about why Hamilton's suspension started on the date of the arbitration ruling (instead of on the date of the violation) in the AAA's official report, available on the US Antidoping web site:

http://www.usantidoping.org/files/active/arbitration_rulings/AAA_CAS Decision - Hamilton[1].pdf

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
i talked to a guy who knows tyler the other day. i did not double-check his story, so i'm just putting it out there. this is a 'net bb, after all. :) apparently the problem is not just the uci ban, but also that the pro tour mandates a four-year suspension. does anyone know if this is true?

and from what the guy told me, tyler's team made a very strong argument and is incredibly confident they'll win their appeal (naturally). he said they expect a judgment any day now.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Four Year Suspension

Yes that is correct. He is suspended from racing for 2 years and then he can not sign with a ProTour team for 2 years after that. That is why Millar went with Saunier because they are not a ProTour team.

So if he does not win the appeal, IMHO his career is over.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Millar and the ProTour.

Flying_Elvis said:
Yes that is correct. He is suspended from racing for 2 years and then he can not sign with a ProTour team for 2 years after that.
That is correct.

Flying_Elvis said:
That is why Millar went with Saunier because they are not a ProTour team.
That is not correct. Millar was sanctioned before the ProTour existed, so he is not subject to the 4 year ProTour ban.

·
lung lacking loser
270 Posts
Mark McM said:
You can find out more about why Hamilton's suspension started on the date of the arbitration ruling (instead of on the date of the violation) in the AAA's official report, available on the US Antidoping web site:
Mark-
Thanks for the link to the case file. Interesting read from both sides of the issue. I still don' t know which side to lean towards, but the one thing that struck me was the less formal nature of Tyler's response. A lot more conversational than a formal stating of facts. Could have been done as an intentional counterpoint stylisticly to the dry, technical USADA statement.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts