Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So when does everyone start racing? I've decided to do more road racing this year, mainly to help my mountain biking but it's all fun. My first race is March 18th in Strasburg PA.

·
Banned
2,834 Posts
Early march, like the 4th or the 5th or something.

·
NeoRetroGrouch
6,491 Posts
burger said:
So when does everyone start racing? I've decided to do more road racing this year, mainly to help my mountain biking but it's all fun. My first race is March 18th in Strasburg PA.
If you count indoor time trials, yesterday. - TF

·
Registered
68 Posts
Probably will try the CBR crit on January 29th.
http://www.socalcycling.com/Schedule/2005/racesched05.asp

Past couple of years in when I was in Wisconsin, I started racing in March with the ABR series in Kenosha. Its fun, but I froze my butt off every year at these races. It gets really fun when it starts to snow or rain in barely above freezing temps. I am in California now and it looks like I will start little earlier this year and not even have to wear 10 lbs of clothing. I have no clue where my tights are.

·
Registered
9,079 Posts
As for now...

I'm starting on the 19th of March. It's still cold here at that time nad racing starts late. I may get to Australia and do some late summer club races in Feb though!

·
NeoRetroGrouch
6,491 Posts
MD80 said:
Probably will try the CBR crit on January 29th.
http://www.socalcycling.com/Schedule/2005/racesched05.asp

Past couple of years in when I was in Wisconsin, I started racing in March with the ABR series in Kenosha. Its fun, but I froze my butt off every year at these races. It gets really fun when it starts to snow or rain in barely above freezing temps. I am in California now and it looks like I will start little earlier this year and not even have to wear 10 lbs of clothing. I have no clue where my tights are.
If you left your tights at Parkside, I'll pick them up on on 3/12. I think one of them last year was below 20F. - TF

·
Registered
42 Posts
This weekend, hopefully. TBi Classic in Copperas Cove, TX. We'll see if I can make it out...probably will just be a little faster paced "base mile" ride for me though...not real interested in trying to break any speed records this time of year.

·
Registered
141 Posts
1st Sun in March

Stazio Crit #1 in Boulder, CO.

I'm anxious 2 C how my fitness compares 2 others @ that point; I've trained better than ever be4 this off-season.

·
Administrator
12,940 Posts
March 26, Jefferson Cup Road Race in Charlottesville. It is a C race for me, so I am training through it (goal races are not until July).

:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts