Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Masters Neophyte
2,209 Posts
As long as they have Cavendish.
Or Greipel.
Oh, sure they theoretically raced for Rogers in some stage races, but we saw how well that went...

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
I like the look of this kid. Clearly he has a way to go to be considered a GC contender, but I think it's possible. His riding reminds me of Indurain.

JSR

·
Registered
126 Posts
His body type is damn near a replica of Cancellara, which would explain the near equal prowess at ITT's. It also explains why both men will be sucking wind on any major mountain stage, and therefore, never be within a sniff of the overall GC at the end of a grand tour.

Cancellara is 180 lbs. That means he's riding up the hill with 3 1/2 extra bicycles on his back next to Contador...

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Martin is very young and still occasionally beats Cancellara in TT's. Cancellara didn't begin to really dominate TT's until the last few years. Martin gave up 17 seconds to FC today at Tdf, 5th place was 3 minutes slower. His GC position at TdF is meaningless, he's riding for the team. This kid is incredible, if he scrapes off a few kgs and climbs better he will be a dominant rider.

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
davidka said:
Martin is very young and still occasionally beats Cancellara in TT's. Cancellara didn't begin to really dominate TT's until the last few years. Martin gave up 17 seconds to FC today at Tdf, 5th place was 3 minutes slower. His GC position at TdF is meaningless, he's riding for the team. This kid is incredible, if he scrapes off a few kgs and climbs better he will be a dominant rider.
He climbed fairly well last year's TdF and in Tour of California.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts