Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
harlond said:
Apart from his association with Phonak, do you have any basis for thinking he's doping?
his 4 wins this year.. excellent form or something extra?

tom danielson's quote at brasstown bald: "floyd is so much stronger this year, we underestimated him".

and he was former teammate of lance armstrong who also has had his underlings who leave, fall from glory, and get busted - hamilton, heras.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
bas said:

tom danielson's quote at brasstown bald: "floyd is so much stronger this year, we underestimated him".

and he was former teammate of lance armstrong who also has had his underlings who leave, fall from glory, and get busted - hamilton, heras.
I'll take that as a no.

I suppose baseless speculation is part of the sport now, but it is sad when winning plus mere association with other riders who doped is your whole case against Floyd. And let me be clear--I don't know or have an opinion on whether he is or isn't doping, but I do like to make a clear distinction between evidence, which means something, and speculation.

·
Registered
602 Posts
bas said:

Wait a minute - isn't Boonen also a former teammate of LA that has a bunch of wins this year? I think you may be on to something! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
50 Posts
If book writing soigneurs have estimated that 95% of the pro peloton are on PED's then the difficulty would be speculating the identities of the 5%.

In regard to Floyd Landis, in the book <i>"Lance Armstrong's War"</i> Armstrong took Landis under his wing. In Chapter 9 "Isles of the Dogs" the author reports that Flandis was the only US Postal rider to accompany Armstrong & Ferrari to Tenerife in the Canary Islands for "altitude training." The book reports "Following the customary regimen of sleeping high and training low, which naturally boosts red cell counts."

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.