Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
21 - 40 of 50 Posts
they have been saying that since last year. They said that Transition was going to be faster than a P3. They were never able to make good on that. Riis has been around Phil and Gerard long enough to know that the bikes do give his team a competitive advantage. So much so that "the deal" (cervelo and CSC) is that no other team can use them in Europe. The Lifeforce team is using them but they don't race against CSC.

Its not a money thing with Riis............... it's well known that he chooses equipment that he feels is the best. I think clothing, shoes, pedals, helmets, and glasses are the only things they get paid for.

Starnut

That seems consistent with what I was told. Guess they were able to lower the weight by removing carbon from the rear triangle. The front looks the same, and rear is refined. What do you think Dude, I mean Starnut?? Way off? And just in time for the Olympics! Funny, they moved the internal cables on the down tube to one, side, there used to be one on either side.

JB

Based on what I've seen around here with my own eyes (Toronto, where the protos get ridden) Starnut is right about the cables going into the top tube.

CSC-Saxo Bank still has a contract with Cervelo for another year or two, so no Specialized bikes any time soon.

Discussion starter · #31 ·
Something I found in another forum.. I hope the R3 has a change in color...

We then got shown the lineup for 2009.
Lot's of great colors and a few surprises (I signed confidentiality agreement and I want to remain a Cervelo dealer for 2009 so I won't reveal all).
The P2 SL is returning for another year.
The Solo Team is also returning! It has an awesome paint job (looks like a P2C DA)
The P3C is back in two colors; one being the white World Champ bike as ridden today by Fabian. It will also be available in a grey/black like this year's P2C Ult.
The P2C has two new color choices for people to whine about.

Man your annoying...................

Congrats................. you should be proud. You have successfully regirgitated 3rd hand information and only managed to get 5/6ths of it incorrect. I find it funny that pics of the bike have been up since before you started trying to convince everyone you are not an uninformed oaf yet................ the inside track you have seems to have missed it. If you go to slowtwicth you can follow the Gomez thread about the S3.

The guys at competitive cyclist already have the S3 up on the website.

1 is correct 2-6 are not correct. What change do you speak of................. the is no change. The S3 is a brand new bike in the soloist line. Hell, veloci1 was the post above your "scoop" and he even called out the S3 before you. What exactly did you bring to this conversation again? Rollinrob is more on target than you are and he simply copy and pasted from another forum.

and your missing a pretty big piece of information too by the way.......................

In the end, think what you want, I could care less. If your one of those guys that needs to be right.......................... I'll give in; your 100% correct and Cervelo lied to their dealers at the meeting in Longmont. I'll send my inside guy an angry email asking him why some internet twit knows more than I do about the 2009 line.

Starnut

Wow, I think I struck a nut with Starnut. I wasn't trying to scoop anything, someone asked a question and I replied with my info. You were so sure that I was wrong, "Your Way Off" comment was a little harsh to start.

I could actually care less about the new models. Just got an R3 with Record from Competitive and couldn't be happier. Pretty sweet bike.

Edorwart, sorry your comment was deleted. Thanks for reminding me, like my wife, that I've gone thru an R3-SL and SLC-SL in the last year. They were pretty sweet bikes, but I bought the R3-SL thinking it was G-d's gift, fell into the trap of the SLC-SL because it looks so hot, but really missed the cush ride of the R3 and went back.

Oh well....it's only money.

JB

Starnut, can you confirm one way or another with any certainty whether SaxoBank will be on Cervelo next year?? I keep hearing rumours that the Cervelo contract was cancelled and Specialized will be stepping in, due to the raises required for Cancellara and Sastre? (see the pro-cycling forum)

Thanks!

21 - 40 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.