Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
awwww horseapples!!
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its that time of year when all the Tour-only folks come out of the woodwork, to clog message boards with all sorts of nonsense. This maybe more of a velosnooze forums problem, but we usually get some fair weather traffic too. Seems those people just aren't showing up this year. Whats wrong? No more clean cut hero to follow? Are people mad that Floyd isn't dating a singer-songwriter who's career is on the decline?

Not that I'm complaining, its just usually at this time of the year pro-cycling boards start to runneth over.

·
Not Banned
49,249 Posts
well maybe things will get back to normal

until Floyd or Levi or George wins a couple GT's.
Then we'll have a whole new crop of
"this guy is the greatest cyclist ever!" newbie homers

·
It's in the game!
2,060 Posts
There's nobody for them to love or hate

awesometown said:
Its that time of year when all the Tour-only folks come out of the woodwork, to clog message boards with all sorts of nonsense. This maybe more of a velosnooze forums problem, but we usually get some fair weather traffic too. Seems those people just aren't showing up this year. Whats wrong? No more clean cut hero to follow? Are people mad that Floyd isn't dating a singer-songwriter who's career is on the decline?

Not that I'm complaining, its just usually at this time of the year pro-cycling boards start to runneth over.
No freds so there's no reason for the fred hater's to show up. Maybe the freds have been assimilated.

·
It's in the game!
2,060 Posts
THey are coming

with the prospect of 3 Americans on the podium. I couldn't blame them though. I showed up about this time a few years ago. It's a good place to learn. I have learned a bunch from you guys.

·
Registered
126 Posts
OLN cut coverage of all cycling except the Tour, for us in Canada. Sorry, I've been too busy out riding and lamenting the lack of cycling broadcasts up here to visit this board. I just can't go back to the old days when I awaited for the race results in text-only online (or four tiny lines of race results in the Globe and Mail). With the possible end coming to OLN coverage of cycling altogether, you'll see what I mean next year.

·
awwww horseapples!!
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
aliensporebomb said:
I think Floyd is married, no singer dating, heh.

At the end of the tour I want to hold the "Bas awards for new heights in summer time message boarding" in honor of my favorite TDF-ite turned fulltime thread poster. The person with the most posts starting from 20 or less (as of today) on July 24th wins.

The winner will get a trek "livestrong" edition Madone, full Mapei kit (skin suit, of course), and enough yellow bands for the entire family.

Chilliconcarnage, I'm watching you....

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
32,344 Posts
awesometown said:
Ask & ye shall receive...how many 10s of threads on the doping to-doo have been started since 6am ET this morning? There was even a post in the haven that is PO:yikes::yikes::yikes:

·
awwww horseapples!!
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Room 1201 said:
Ask & ye shall receive...how many 10s of threads on the doping to-doo have been started since 6am ET this morning? There was even a post in the haven that is PO:yikes::yikes::yikes:
Oh god, here they come....we're being over run!

Whats that they're saying? "Llllllllllllllaaaaaaaannnnce.......lllllllllaaaaaaaance!!!"

·
Registered
334 Posts
awesometown said:

I'm sure there are people who take 3 weeks off work, fly to france, and sleep by the side of the road that think you are a fair weather fan. Guess what? They're right.

·
awwww horseapples!!
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Doc_D said:
I'm sure there are people who take 3 weeks off work, fly to france, and sleep by the side of the road that think you are a fair weather fan. Guess what? They're right.

uh....... ..........

I am sorry i can't run down the side of the road in a speed with an american flag around my neck. I'll just have to keep on working and think wishful thoughts.

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
HAHA I saw this! :rolleyes:

I've taken over for MagnoliaLover's lack of posts lately.

awesometown said:
At the end of the tour I want to hold the "Bas awards for new heights in summer time message boarding" in honor of my favorite TDF-ite turned fulltime thread poster. The person with the most posts starting from 20 or less (as of today) on July 24th wins.

The winner will get a trek "livestrong" edition Madone, full Mapei kit (skin suit, of course), and enough yellow bands for the entire family.

Chilliconcarnage, I'm watching you....

·
E Plurbus Elvis
1,071 Posts
awesometown said:

This from a guy who hopped on the RBR boards last May?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.