Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
andydave
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there something I should know about Campy wheels? I don't see as many of them out there as I would expect. The reviews on Campy wheels that I do see seem to say good things. I'm am seriously considering a pair of Eurus, but wanted to investigate before making the plung. The wheels would go on a bike with Shimano DA components (is this a biking no-no - mixing Campy and Shimano?)

·
Registered
21 Posts
let's see...

andydave said:
Is there something I should know about Campy wheels? I don't see as many of them out there as I would expect. The reviews on Campy wheels that I do see seem to say good things. I'm am seriously considering a pair of Eurus, but wanted to investigate before making the plung. The wheels would go on a bike with Shimano DA components (is this a biking no-no - mixing Campy and Shimano?)
Too expensive for many of us...

That, and I would most certainly break them.

·
eminence grease
18,538 Posts
3 pairs are on my bikes. I suspect that you may or may not see them in bushels, depending on where you live. Out here in the hinterlands, I don't see them often either.

I like them though - no complaints. I don't baby them and they keep turning just like when they were new.

Neutrons are my favorites.

·
Juanmoretime
2,203 Posts
Weighing at 175, my Eurus wheels have over...

3,000 miles on them and are still as true as the day I bought them and they have never been trued. Putting Campy wheels on Shimano, sure as long as their the ones set up for Shimano cassette. While I do see people riding Campy wheels, I live in a community that has a large number of cyclists, I'm the only one riding Eurus wheels that I know of here.

·
Administrator
13,009 Posts
While Campy pre-built wheels are not super common, they are well built.

However, handbuilt wheels using Campy hubs are alot more common. Having a set of Record or Chorus hubs laced up with DT Revolution or Sapim CXray spokes to Mavic, Velocity or DT Swiss (my current favs) rims is a great option.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts