Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Speed Trap Sprinter ;-)
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had a look at the current line up and noticed that only in MTB and Cyclocross any SRAM group sets are available.

What happened to the road options? I would have really liked to see an SLR01 or SLR02 option with SRAM Force or SRAM RED Etap. I also didn't see any Campy grouppos at all... I understand that many of us prefer to build the bikes up from the ground, but seeing that the frames also seemed to have gone up in price.

Anyone remembers when the Racemachine RM01 was available with SRAM RED for a steal a couple of years ago?

What would be today's equivalent? Anyone in the UK or Germany who has one of the SRAM RED RM01 they want to sell?

I was thinking of upgrading my road bike, now that I will most likely move from London to Zürich in the next 2 years…

·
Registered
321 Posts
That seems to be the case with most manufactures. Very little SRAM and no Campy builds for road bikes. It's been that way for at least the past couple of years. Shimano dominates the OEM.

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
That seems to be the case with most manufactures. Very little SRAM and no Campy builds for road bikes. It's been that way for at least the past couple of years. Shimano dominates the OEM.
Bummer. I've decided to sell a recently purchased bike because I dislike the feel of Shimano and do not want to get into rebuilding with SRAM.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Bummer. I've decided to sell a recently purchased bike because I dislike the feel of Shimano and do not want to get into rebuilding with SRAM.
Hopefully eTAP helps gets SRAM back on more road bikes. They're all over the place on the mountain side so I wouldn't think that it's strictly a price issue. Shimano must be a greater selling point than SRAM for road.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts