Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Il faut d'abord, durer.
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know Kloden, Contador, Leipheimer and Horner are out of teh Tour w/Astana this year, but I can't find where these guys are.

Perreiro
Popovych
Christophe Moreau
Cyril Dessel
Vino
Basso (Is he still suspended)

Are they busted, retired? I looked at the rosters over at Velonews but didn't see them anywhere.

Thanks

·
Back from the dead
20,800 Posts
No idea where OP is.

Popovych and Dessel are currently riding the Dauphine.

Moreau is sitting at home and stewing because his team wasn't invited to the Dauphine, which he won last year.

Vino and Basso are suspended.

·
In the zone.
163 Posts
Perreiro - mule of valverde
Popovych - cadel's bytch
Christophe Moreau - picked the wrong team and isnt riding D-L
Cyril Dessel - who cares
Vino - this one should be obvious.
Basso (Is he still suspended) - liquigas for part 2 of his career

·
Il faut d'abord, durer.
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks

Haven't kept up very well lately. I knew Basso & Vino had been suspended, but in my muddled mind, I thought they had resigned with new teams and that there bans were up.

Anyway, I found Moreau- He's riding with some team called Agritubel. For a long time he was my favorite rider, he may win the whole shebang this year. Right?

·
Registered
11,561 Posts
JSR said:
I'm afraid Agritubel is not invited to the TdF.
It that right? I just assumed they were.

Doesn't that pretty much blow the "Astana was excluded because ASO want a Frenchman to win the Tour" arguement completely out of the water?

Not that I thought there was any merit to it, but if the French aren't even inviting their most likely (long-shot) protoganist that pretty much puts paid to the French want a French a winner theory.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
My bad. Agritubel IS invited.

I must have gotten confused havine read something to the effect that Moreau was unhappy about the lack of invitation. Must have been in relation to the DL.

That is all.

·
Slightly Opinionated
10,402 Posts
AJL said:
It will be pathetic if Cadel whines about having no support with Popo as a Dom.
You KNOW he'll whine anyway. That's the Cadel we all know and hate.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.