Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!
It looks like Ritchey has discontinued to offer its customers rims. I'm about to build a pair of wheels for my road bike and I'd like to have an asymmetric rear rim. I built a rear wheel based on a Ritchey WCS OCR rim for my MTB and I'm very pleased with its performance.

Does anyone know where to find Ritchey OCR road rims or other rim brands with asymmetric rear rims?

best regards,
~Karl

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Off-center road rims

gandhi said:
Hi!
It looks like Ritchey has discontinued to offer its customers rims. I'm about to build a pair of wheels for my road bike and I'd like to have an asymmetric rear rim. I built a rear wheel based on a Ritchey WCS OCR rim for my MTB and I'm very pleased with its performance.

Does anyone know where to find Ritchey OCR road rims or other rim brands with asymmetric rear rims?
The Ritchey OCR road rims had a spotty reputation (they often cracked at the spoke holes). However, the Velocity Aerohead OC is quite popular and has a good reputation. For super-light clinchers, the IRD Cadence VSR is generally considered good, too.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
asym. rims

Mark McM said:
The Ritchey OCR road rims had a spotty reputation (they often cracked at the spoke holes). However, the Velocity Aerohead OC is quite popular and has a good reputation. For super-light clinchers, the IRD Cadence VSR is generally considered good, too.

Thanks for the input! It's been very helpful. I think I'll go for the IRD rims.
~K

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Mark McM said:
the poster was asking about the Ritchey aero rims - they have 27mm aero rims on their Pro and WCS aero wheelsets, with an offset rear. they also have 20mm rims with an offset rear, and I'd heard about those cracking. I have a pair of the deeper rims, and they've been OK in the couple thousand miles that I've had them - which may not be saying much.

anyway, I got mine from Mike Garcia a couple years back. he can probably still get them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts