Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
8,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got my namesake all fixed up, and am riding her to the ground...and, apart from a few minor issues, i love 'er to death. i have been sufficiently bitten by the bug. but, now what? do i keep pouring money into this money pit, save up on a bike worthy of modifying, or grow a beard and embrace the "vintage bike" style?

·
Unlabeled
3,720 Posts
old_fuji said:
got my namesake all fixed up, and am riding her to the ground...and, apart from a few minor issues, i love 'er to death. i have been sufficiently bitten by the bug. but, now what? do i keep pouring money into this money pit, save up on a bike worthy of modifying, or grow a beard and embrace the "vintage bike" style?
Your Fuji is an entry level bike. Save up and get a nicer bike instead of trying to upgrade what you have.

Keep it in perspective, but for $200 you could have a much nicer old bike. You want to find something constructed of double butted chrome moly of manganese moly tubing--Tange, Reynolds, Ishiwata, Truetemper, Colombus etc.

Components should be shimano 600, 105 or Ultegra or SunTour Cyclone, Superbe, or Campy.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts