Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I've been a loyal follower of Vittoria tires for the past 3 seasons, however, I've decided to take the leap and try some other brands (specifically, I am looking at Gommitalia - Calypso or Veloflex - Open Pave). I put approximately 250 - 300km a week on them during the early season and may increase. I'm a light rider (135-140lbs) so I don't think durability in any of the above brands I listed will be a problem.

Just wondering if anybody here has opinions about where they get their tires at the best prices...(preferably online) and for those brands. :thumbsup:

Cheers,

A.

·
Registered
370 Posts
bike tires direct - great service - very good selection and prices.

·
Registered
21,637 Posts
Group buy

02tones02 said:
Just wondering if anybody here has opinions about where they get their tires at the best prices...(preferably online) and for those brands.
I buy from LaBicicletta with their "team (10 tires) prices" they are competitive on just about everything. Between my wife and I, we go through a fair number of tires per year, and there's always somebody else who needs a tire, which I sell to them at my cost.

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,426 Posts
I buy tires, on the cheap, through my team.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for all the replies guys! It's seems that gommitalia are generally seen in a positive light on the forums...

Going to have a look at all the suggestions!

·
Registered
296 Posts
ebay

message too short

·
Registered
140 Posts
PBK and Veloflex Pave. I've been using them for years and still have not found anything better. I'm 155lbs and run them at 100 psi and they last much longer that advertised, about 2500 miles in my use (rotate every 500) and I wipe them down after every ride. Just my two cents! :)

·
eRacer
2,555 Posts
Vittoria and PBK

Stay with Vittoria.:thumbsup:
IMO they are the best.
Rubino Pro and Pro Slick.
I've tried Diamante's but they are a little fragile for Training, but roll is great and they are great for Racing.
Use PBK for best Prices and Service.
Use 'USARBR" Code for additional 5% off.

·
eRacer
2,555 Posts
+1 for PBK.
I buy all my tires from PBK.
Can't beat their prices, plus no tax and no shipping!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
PBK it is! Love affair with Vittoria has been great! Never had a problem with them, just looking for something new......So, it seems people here have a general consensus that Veloflex is good!

Cheers!

Oh, and thanks jmlapoint for the promotional code!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts