Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Burnum Upus Quadricepus
2,017 Posts
I ordered them at my LBS. Saris makes three models.

There's the Bike Trac (in the Work pic), which is the cheapest ($40) and is carried at QBP, so any LBS can order it.

The Locking Bike Trac (in the Home pic) has a loop to U-lock the bike to the rack. At $80, it's a commercial product and must be ordered form Saris directly. Not all LBSs have a direct account with Saris. Trek and Specialized dealers can order through their dealer distribution.

In between is the Cable Locking Bike Trac. I don't own one so I don't know the pricing. It's also a commercial product.

I like the Bike Tracs indoors because, A) they look nice, and B) the trac keeps wet wheels off the wall. In the garage, a $5 hook from the hardware store will work just as well.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I use this for my Road and Mountain Bikes
http://www.target.com/Gravity-Bike-Stand/dp/B000077CPK/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&searchView=grid5&keywords=bike%20rack&fromGsearch=true&sr=1-15&qid=1283135167&rh=&searchRank=target104545&id=Gravity%20Bike%20Stand&node=1038576|1287991011&searchSize=30&searchPage=1&searchNodeID=1038576|1287991011&searchBinNameList=subjectbin%2Cprice%2Ctarget_com_primary_color-bin%2Ctarget_com_size-bin%2Ctarget_com_brand-bin&frombrowse=0
If that insanely long address doesn't work it is from Target and called a Gravity Stand. I have it bolted to the wall, have old socks over the hooks and lock them to the stand. If some A Hole wants to steal my bikes he could but he will have to work at it.
I hang my kids bikes from the ceiling using one of those pulley systems.
I post pics but I can never get the damn things to work,

·
BT, wishing you ride safe
333 Posts
My CF bike and my wife's CF fork ALU bike we keep in the dining room on a floor stand. It's not space efficient, but the wife approves. The D.R. is never used and sectioned off so they are "hidden" for all intents and purposes. It's just too hot in the garage in the summer here in FLA. I just don't want to take a chance with the CF in the heat.

The other 6 bikes are all ALU and I keep them in the garage. On the floor with kick stands of floor stands.

I know you wanted pix but my storage is anything but space efficient.

·
BT, wishing you ride safe
333 Posts
My CF bike and my wife's CF fork ALU bike we keep in the dining room on a floor stand. It's not space efficient, but the wife approves. The D.R. is never used and sectioned off so they are "hidden" for all intents and purposes. It's just too hot in the garage in the summer here in FLA. I just don't want to take a chance with the CF in the heat.

The other 6 bikes are all ALU and I keep them in the garage. On the floor with kick stands of floor stands.

I know you wanted pix but my storage is anything but space efficient. I will post pix and instructions for building a floor stand from PVC pipe if anyone is interested. This is just for holding a bike without a kickstand. You can use it for RD adjustments, but that's about it.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
At the moment they are in the living room with all the boxes that still opened from our move. Hmmm, difference being the bikes are getting ridden, but the boxes are still sitting there needing to be unpacked and put away.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
My bike room has hooks in the ceiling to hang the bikes. Currently their are nine built bikes and two steel MTB frames to be built hanging. I have a 8 X 16 shed full of bikes to be flipped to finance my bikes habits. .
89 Kestrel 200sc
96 Bianchi Reparto c. TSXul
80's Bridgestone 400 with upright cruiser bar for wifey.
86 Bridgestone MB2 w 8 speed rapid fire for wifey.
Miyata Quickcross with roadbars and suntour barcons and fenders rain/utility bike
89 Fat Chance Wicked
87 Ritchey Ascent
93 Bridgestone MB#3
89 Miyata 1400 (Team with ultegra)
96 Prestige Stumpjumper frameset
89 Bridgestone MB1 frameset

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.