Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Where in Illinois?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Zeppelin/Ultegra Rider
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see that we are the largest contigent of the midwesterners, how about breaking it down further:
How many Chicago area riders, northern Illinois (non-chicago area), midstate, or southern Illinois.

I really just wanted to play with the poll function.

·
Zeppelin/Ultegra Rider
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'll go first: midstate here, Normal. Home to the struggling ISU Redbirds.

Oh, and you call your location whatever you like, we won't get caught up debating whether far western suburbs are Chicago area or Northern Illinois.

·
rock n rolling resistance
851 Posts
I guess I'll go second then...

4bykn said:
I'll go first: midstate here, Normal. Home to the struggling ISU Redbirds.

Oh, and you call your location whatever you like, we won't get caught up debating whether far western suburbs are Chicago area or Northern Illinois.
Chicagoland/ northwestern suburb here: Home to the struggling Bulls, Bears, Hawks, White Socks and, well..., Bartma.., I mean Cubs will hopefully pull it off this season (at least they have more help to fight the tangible, but as for the intangible :rolleyes: ...well, ya knaw it's Chicago here folks.) As for winning, I means, Bulls were enough. Jeeez if any other team starts a winning streak we might have to all leave town and leave the lovely weather behind. Seriously summer in Chicago can be beautiful only if we could get some elevation.... :(

·
HomeBrew Master
191 Posts
I could of sworn I answered this question somewhere else in this forum. I'm in central Illinois, around Canton. Good riding, lots of rural type roads, the Spon River Basin gives plenty of good hills to ride, and the people normally use the whole other lane to pass.

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,427 Posts
East of Elgin.
I do most of my training in the Barrington hills area or south of Bartlett.

·
NeoRetroGrouch
6,491 Posts
Mundelein - way to close to the city...

but at least I can ride north and west.

TF

·
Juanmoretime
2,203 Posts
Home of the Fighting Illini.

Urbana, Illinois. How about a Central Illinois RBR ride?

PS The Chief stays!

·
Zeppelin/Ultegra Rider
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes you did, but some others never stated where in our fair state they were from. Sounds like some pretty country there, the only hills here are interstate overpasses. Thank goodness for three interstates here(I-55, I-74, and I-39).

·
Registered
197 Posts
In the City on the north side- dodging Passats, Infinitis, and Chicago's finest...

I'm liking the Illinois ride idea...would be nice to breathe smog-free air...

·
Cipo's long lost cousin
975 Posts
Near Lincoln-Damen-Irving Park Intersection

In Chicago.

With regards to IL
:mad: Mountain Biking :mad:
:D Road Biking :D

·
Juanmoretime
2,203 Posts
Steve O

I grew up near there. I went to St Andrew and St. Benedict for High School. I lived on the 3800 block of Paulina. I moved to Urbana in 1988.

·
Zeppelin/Ultegra Rider
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Juanmoretime said:
Urbana, Illinois. How about a Central Illinois RBR ride?

PS The Chief stays!
Yeah, that would be fun. Maybe a bit later in the year when I've got more than 120 miles in though.

·
Deliciously Ironic
1,006 Posts
North Side, Rogers Park. Ride with Alberto's Sport. Alex Randhava rides with us too!
I think a downstate RBR gathering would be great - good roads down there! Or maybe we should try to rendevous with a century ride? Just a thought

·
Registered
197 Posts
Ha! I'm in Uptown, just off Clark and Montrose... We oughta have the downstaters come up to the City for some treacherous riding!! :)

·
Deliciously Ironic
1,006 Posts
That's cool - I used to live at Bryn Mawr and Sheridan.
There's enough of us 'in the city' to do a Windy City RBR gathering!
I'll be out and about, either on a red fixie Basso or a red/white Serotta. This weekend I'll be up north with the club - it's going to be in the fifties! Woo hoo!!

·
Registered
197 Posts
I'll keep an eye out-I'm hopin to go the lakefront path 2x (sat and sun) build up a good 100 mile base and break in my new red TCR1...ooh I'm so excited!!
Which club? CCC, XXX...

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Streamwood....

...just East of Elgin.Same as GRUMPY.I ride most of the same roads MR GRUMPY rides plus some of the rural areas of DeKalb , Kane ,and McHenry counties.

·
Rollin' Stones
2,560 Posts
Quad cities dweller

I live in Rock Island. I train here in the city around Augustana college.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts