Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm one of the newer generation of people who are cord-cutters. I don't pay for Cable TV or satellite. I stream everything from Netflix, HULU, amazon prime and ESPN. My question is, besides cable TV, where can I watch races? Are there any websites that stream live? I'm looking forward to the tour of California.

·
Registered
868 Posts
I know you said you don't go for satellite broadcasting, but Dish has a ton of cycling on these days. I just finished Paris-Nice on the NBCSports network and there are several Italian tours being broadcast on the Bein Sport channel now. Later this summer there will be other events on the Universal Sports channel too, so Dish has three channels with pro cycle tour coverage.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know you said you don't go for satellite broadcasting, but Dish has a ton of cycling on these days. I just finished Paris-Nice on the NBCSports network and there are several Italian tours being broadcast on the Bein Sport channel now. Later this summer there will be other events on the Universal Sports channel too, so Dish has three channels with pro cycle tour coverage.
Wow that's pretty impressive. I actually like Dish but I can't skip out on my savings. Netflix $8 a month, amazon Prime $40 a year (student price), Hulu plus $8 a month, instead of paying $100's a month. But at great prices comes compromises like cycling tours :(

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I've been wondering the same thing. I'm not a big TV watcher and so only use an antenna. That plus online viewing gets me most of what I want to watch except for cycling. I hope the Tour de France can be watched somewhere online.

·
Registered
6,880 Posts
I've been wondering the same thing. I'm not a big TV watcher and so only use an antenna. That plus online viewing gets me most of what I want to watch except for cycling. I hope the Tour de France can be watched somewhere online.
All the big tours (TdF, Giro, Vuelta) are uploaded to newsgroups in high definiton.
The source is usually from Europe (usuaully in English, French, Italian, or Spanish). Quality of video is almost always excellent. And commercials are almost non-existent.

However, it does take a day or two for them to get posted, but the delay is well worth the wait. Newsgroups is where the savvy folks go to get the quality stuff ;-)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.