Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there. I'd like to get measured for a new Seven, ideally by a shop that does a lot of Sevens and can really help make sure I get everything dialed in.

I am also, fwiw, a shorter woman, so someone used to dealing with the quirks of smaller bikes would be ideal.

I travel often - I can show up in Boston, NYC, LA, or possibly other east coastish locations.

Anyone have any good recommendations?

Thank you.

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
If you frequently travel to Boston, why not just make an appointment at the factory? It's only about 10 miles west of Boston.

Signature Cycles is a series of shops that carry Seven and offer the level of fitting services you want. They have stores in New York City, Central Valley NY, and Greenwich. Check the Signature Cycles website.

As an alternative and since you have special concerns being a smaller woman consider the fitting services of Lennard Zinn in Boulder, Colorado. This of course, assumes your travels take you to Denver, etal. Lennard Zinn has been in business a long time, writes technical articles for Velo magazine, and claims his expertise in fitting women to bicycles is from his years sponsoring a women's bike racing team. Check out the "Bike Fitting" link on his web page.

When I use the word "fitting" I'm referring to sizing you for a custom frame, not fitting you to a bicycle you already have.

·
Formosan Cyclocross
3,378 Posts
They might ask you to come back for a second fitting, so you don't want to be fit in Boston, and then spend the next several weeks trying to get back up there. Then you need to take it home.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
If you frequently travel to Boston, why not just make an appointment at the factory? It's only about 10 miles west of Boston.

Signature Cycles is a series of shops that carry Seven and offer the level of fitting services you want. They have stores in New York City, Central Valley NY, and Greenwich. Check the Signature Cycles website.

As an alternative and since you have special concerns being a smaller woman consider the fitting services of Lennard Zinn in Boulder, Colorado. This of course, assumes your travels take you to Denver, etal. Lennard Zinn has been in business a long time, writes technical articles for Velo magazine, and claims his expertise in fitting women to bicycles is from his years sponsoring a women's bike racing team. Check out the "Bike Fitting" link on his web page.

When I use the word "fitting" I'm referring to sizing you for a custom frame, not fitting you to a bicycle you already have.
Agree. Signature Cycles.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great info. Thank you. I actually dropped a note to Seven and they recommended two of the shops who sell the most Sevens. Interestingly, didn't say anything about going to the factory and getting fitted....

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Great info. Thank you. I actually dropped a note to Seven and they recommended two of the shops who sell the most Sevens. Interestingly, didn't say anything about going to the factory and getting fitted....
Going to to the factory is certainly not necessary. Some people will go as an excuse to tour the facilities or talk to the builder. Not sure if Seven does this, but lots of the custom builders do. It can be part of experience.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts