Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK its 10:18 out on the left coast there's 54 people in the lounge but noone has responded to a thread in 47 minutes(yours truly). Don't tell me you got lives or something stupid like that.

c'mon lets start getting it on!!!!!

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
I'm going to bed.

·
A Canadian in Sweden
6,130 Posts
OK, I'm here. Good morning everyone from northern Sweden. 7.55 here and bacon and eggs and orange juice are on the way. The kids are watching cartoons and it's a beautiful, sunny day here and -5C :)
Cheers, Wayne

·
A Canadian in Sweden
6,130 Posts
Man friction, you guys are up late on the west coast. Time for the 23.00 news. Anything good on tv tonight?

·
Banned
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
west coast I wish...."I went back to ohio"....

your breakfast sounds really good right about now...

and out of curiosity what do you do in Sweden? (feel free to pm)

·
A Canadian in Sweden
6,130 Posts
No problem friction. I run my own language business, proofreading and translating texts for academia and numerous outdoor companies. Met Anneli in 1996 when she was an exchange student in Montreal and moved here in 1998. Now we have two kids :), house, and a great life. What's your story? What time is it in Ohio anyway? Isn't Ohio football and baseball country? The Browns, Reds?

·
Registered
212 Posts
the party was lame

came back and logged in but I have a group ride hooked up in the morning if there's no ice so im going to bed now.

note to self: next time go to sister's party and play risk and 80s trivia with her grad student friends.

·
A Canadian in Sweden
6,130 Posts
weapons grade chaos said:
came back and logged in but I have a group ride hooked up in the morning if there's no ice so im going to bed now.

note to self: next time go to sister's party and play risk and 80s trivia with her grad student friends.
If her grad friends are good looking, you're definitely in the wrong place. Nothing like playing board games with a bunch of academics.

·
Registered
212 Posts
wayneanneli said:
If her grad friends are good looking, you're definitely in the wrong place.
yea I left right after I saw some chick yakking in the kitchen sink :rolleyes: sis' crowd talks a lot of physics shop but for sure there's some awesome smart and beautiful women in her posse. not that they'd ever give the time of day to my dorkass and a couple are even married but whatevs. I'd way rather get scraped off their shoes playing trivia than watch people hurl.

·
a jumped up pantry boy
1,784 Posts
weapons grade chaos said:
yea I left right after I saw some chick yakking in the kitchen sink :rolleyes: sis' crowd talks a lot of physics shop but for sure there's some awesome smart and beautiful women in her posse. not that they'd ever give the time of day to my dorkass and a couple are even married but whatevs. I'd way rather get scraped off their shoes playing trivia than watch people hurl.
its funny how ugly hot girls turn when theyre throwing up. not a good look.

·
Banned
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
my story in a nutshell?
ms 95 ohio state engineering (tribology - study of friction wear & lubrication)
95-01-work rockwell science center CA tribology and make microlenses
01-03-climbing bum VW camper. joshua tree, yosemite, eastern sierras, the needles, idyllwild
04 teach hands on science (blow up hydrogen balloons, shock kids with vandergraaf generator, etc) idyllwild
04-05-quality control for company making body armor
05-present unemployed (I failed too many pieces of armor they didn't like me)

but yeah ohio state football is big. they got a good basketball team this year too. my whole family is ohio state (went or teaches)

cheers!

·
A Canadian in Sweden
6,130 Posts
Friction_Shifter said:
my story in a nutshell?
ms 95 ohio state engineering (tribology - study of friction wear & lubrication)
95-01-work rockwell science center CA tribology and make microlenses
01-03-climbing bum VW camper. joshua tree, yosemite, eastern sierras, the needles, idyllwild
04 teach hands on science (blow up hydrogen balloons, shock kids with vandergraaf generator, etc) idyllwild
04-05-quality control for company making body armor
05-present unemployed (I failed too many pieces of armor they didn't like me)

but yeah ohio state football is big. they got a good basketball team this year too. my whole family is ohio state (went or teaches)

cheers!
Interestingly enough, I proofread an enormous amount of PhD stuff for the Dept of Machine Element at the local university. And in particular, tribology. Recently read a doctoral thesis on tribology and lubrication of train tracks.

·
Banned
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
wayneanneli said:
Interestingly enough, I proofread an enormous amount of PhD stuff for the Dept of Machine Element at the local university. And in particular, tribology. Recently read a doctoral thesis on tribology and lubrication of train tracks.

if you ever are really bored and want to bore yourself even more....or if you want what I consider to be the single most easy to read summary of tribology anywhere click the following (its part of the intro to my thesis)

http://www.solorb.com/dat-heads/digests/V4.100/D100

my advisor did some stuff with railroad car wheels (it may have been rail steels I can't remember)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts