Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to find a really small 700c cross frame or bike. Something with a top tube of 52 or less.. I've been checking ebay and this sites classified and craigslist in places like the bay area and portland,without much luck. Any other sites that you all know of for used cross bikes/framesets? thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
That's pretty short. I've got a 53 ETT.

Go much shorter on the TT and w/o a crazy slacked head tube you're likely to have your toes in the wheel. Can you combine a shorter stem and short reach bars to take care of the overall reach? 80 or 90 stem and some Salsa Poco, 3T ergos, Deda shallows ...

·
eat live sleep cross
414 Posts
Terry Cycles is making a small one now... but you are looking used...

·
Registered
167 Posts
Not used but my gf (5'2") rides an xs blue cx bike with a 51.5 tt (I think). Talk to your lbs usually you can get them for well below msrp...

·
raging results nerd
925 Posts
Toe overlap is really common on cross bikes. I've owned 3 54" bikes and they all have some toe overlap when you run knobbies.

You never turn your front end sharp enough to have it be an issue in a racing situation, so pay it no mind, and definitely DON'T get a frame that's too big trying to mitigate it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts