3T Ernova Team
Look Blade 2 Carbon Ti
Fizik Antares R1 Versus Evo
2x 15g bottle cages

Garmin 520 Plus

Weight with all above included: 15lb 13oz

#9 ·
I have a Supersix HM Dura Ace.
I stand by my post. Start shaving weight from your belly.

You bought the wrong bike to go thinking you're gonna shave meaningful weight from it.

But since you seem to want to burn money... I suggest you replace every component, sans DA parts & frame.
$3000+ later you'll have saved maybe 200g.... which of course you could shave from your belly for free in a couple days.

Good luck with your endeavor and meaningful life.

#12 ·
Maybe people should have a little less snark in their replies given this is the weight-related sub-forum... on the other hand you listed your weight but not what the bike's current weight is and ultimately there isn't going to be noticeable performance gain in the amount of weight you can reasonably drop off that bike. Are you trying to get sub-15 just to say you've done it or do you actually expect it to perform better to the point it was worth the money spent to get there?

What does the bike weigh now? What are the main parts that you think might be on the heavy side?

A lot of people here are going to roll their eyes costly/impractical changes to shed just a few grams.

#13 ·
What does the bike weigh now? What are the main parts that you think might be on the heavy side?

A lot of people here are going to roll their eyes costly/impractical changes to shed just a few grams.
The bike stock should sit right about 16lbs. Throw in pedals and cages and it's over 1lb to get to sub 15. The wheel set is ~1480g, pretty light for a disc set.
You're not gonna get sub 15 with tubes, bar tape and cages.

It's not a matter of it being a "save weight" forum or "saving a few grams". He put a >1lb requirement on a pretty darn light bike. It's impractical, if not impossible without, like I said, replacing every component. But thats not what the OP wants to hear.

#14 ·
not a single reply so far has been useful, i dont even know why they bother tapping at their keyboards. No wonder toolonggone has 14k posts, he's replied 4x and all his replies are useless.

My reply above was from info i already knew. I'm coming from a 14.8lb Look 566 w/ Sram Red + S30 wheels.

Its currently a stock bike: https://www.cannondale.com/en/USA/B...612-4574-bfcf-8958dca22444&parentid=undefined
+
Look Keo Carbon Blade pedals + 2x 26g cages.

i'm dropping weight just to drop weight. 16lbs is not a light bike. I'd like to start with drooping weight for the best bang for the buck.

Anyone know the weight of the stock fizik Antares saddle that comes with the bike? To my understanding theres a few diff Antares models

#15 ·
not a single reply so far has been useful, i dont even know why they bother tapping at their keyboards. No wonder toolonggone has 14k posts, he's replied 4x and all his replies are useless.

My reply above was from info i already knew. I'm coming from a 14.8lb Look 566 w/ Sram Red + S30 wheels.

Its currently a stock bike: https://www.cannondale.com/en/USA/B...612-4574-bfcf-8958dca22444&parentid=undefined
+
Look Keo Carbon Blade pedals + 2x 26g cages.

i'm dropping weight just to drop weight. 16lbs is not a light bike. I'd like to start with drooping weight for the best bang for the buck.

Anyone know the weight of the stock fizik Antares saddle that comes with the bike? To my understanding theres a few diff Antares models
Buy a scale, then you'll know the weight of the saddle you're using.

#17 ·
Just ordered 2x GP5000's. Should save me 80g by replacing the Corsas (259g - 220g)
I also have 2x Supersonic to replace stock tubes. Should save me 90g (100g - 55g)

The Deda handlebar tape is 29g. Should save me another 75g from the stock tape + explander bar end plugs.

~Thats about half a pound off and these are fairly cheap components that do not hurt performance but improve on weight

#18 ·
Maybe. I find Vittoria Corsas a lot nicer riding tire than Conti GP's. No idea about light tubes. Specialized used to make light weight tubes that were prone to getting flats. Why not just ride w/o any bar tape and save a whopping 104 grams.

More tips -- fill your bottles half full when you ride. Maybe fill the tires with helium. A few holes drilled here and there on the frame will save grams.

In the end, I have to agree with tlg -- if you want a really light bike, you bought the wrong thing to start with. You'll never notice even 1000 grams

#28 ·
If you are serious about weight of the bike, the obvious is the cassette, put a Dura Ace on it or powerdome and you can drop 50 to 60 grams easy. You could drop over 100 grams in the wheelset too if you can fit wider rims and are ok running tubeless or tubular tires. G23 Enve's are a tad over 1300 grams, but they are 31.5mm wide and require tubeless. Tubular wheelsets get crazy light. What saddle do you have? If it's not in the range of 140 to 150 grams you can drop some weight there. All the above could be a half lb or more easy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.