Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Proud luddite
7,160 Posts
Geez, I go out of my way to provide you with some constructive advice about how to help shed those vital grams from your bike and this is the thanks I get? Good luck making it over the next hill on that 17 lbs beast you own.
I wonder if using quick-drying cement in your tires would save more weight than standard cement.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
You can do a lot but how much are you willing to spend? Diminishing returns are at their peak when you're riding a top of the line bike like that! You can go lighter, but you already have top of the line equipment, so you're looking at probably about $10 for every gram you lose. Is it really worth it?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
You can do a lot but how much are you willing to spend? Diminishing returns are at their peak when you're riding a top of the line bike like that! You can go lighter, but you already have top of the line equipment, so you're looking at probably about $10 for every gram you lose. Is it really worth it?
yea i am, where would u start first?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
thought you were done here and gonna go live over at weight weenies...

try them.
yea i'm also over there, i'm here to milk answers from the last 3 users who post useful ****. what are you guys some losers who post on a bike forum about anything thats not bike related? 10k useless posts?

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
If you are serious about weight of the bike, the obvious is the cassette, put a Dura Ace on it or powerdome and you can drop 50 to 60 grams easy. You could drop over 100 grams in the wheelset too if you can fit wider rims and are ok running tubeless or tubular tires. G23 Enve's are a tad over 1300 grams, but they are 31.5mm wide and require tubeless. Tubular wheelsets get crazy light. What saddle do you have? If it's not in the range of 140 to 150 grams you can drop some weight there. All the above could be a half lb or more easy.

·
Registered
8,521 Posts
yea i'm also over there, i'm here to milk answers from the last 3 users who post useful ****. what are you guys some losers who post on a bike forum about anything thats not bike related? 10k useless posts?
And what do you call someone who comes to a bunch of guys he considers losers looking for advice? I call him someone who can't think for himself.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
And what do you call someone who comes to a bunch of guys he considers losers looking for advice? I call him someone who can't think for himself.
i'm here to milks responses from the last 3-5 remaining RBR users who post useful ****. Read this thread over again. This is a bike forum first and foremost. This sub-forum is called Forum: Save Some Weight
Life, liberty and the pursuit of light weight.

75% of the responses in this thread are telling me to take a ****. i'd gladly do it on their face.

If you are serious about weight of the bike, the obvious is the cassette, put a Dura Ace on it or powerdome and you can drop 50 to 60 grams easy. You could drop over 100 grams in the wheelset too if you can fit wider rims and are ok running tubeless or tubular tires. G23 Enve's are a tad over 1300 grams, but they are 31.5mm wide and require tubeless. Tubular wheelsets get crazy light. What saddle do you have? If it's not in the range of 140 to 150 grams you can drop some weight there. All the above could be a half lb or more easy.

Good suggestions, my stock wheelset is ~1450g, but i think the disc rotors are whats making the weight of the bike a notch above comparing to those with rim brakes and my previous bike @ 14.5lbs.

I'm currently on a Fizik Antares R5 K:ium rail 200g. I just placed an order for the Antares R1 Versus Evo and that should give me some relief to my balls and also drop 30g.

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
i'm here to milks responses from the last 3-5 remaining RBR users who post useful ****. Read this thread over again. This is a bike forum first and foremost. This sub-forum is called Forum: Save Some Weight
Life, liberty and the pursuit of light weight.

75% of the responses in this thread are telling me to take a ****. i'd gladly do it on their face.

Good suggestions, my stock wheelset is ~1450g, but i think the disc rotors are whats making the weight of the bike a notch above comparing to those with rim brakes and my previous bike @ 14.5lbs.

I'm currently on a Fizik Antares R5 K:ium rail 200g. I just placed an order for the Antares R1 Versus Evo and that should give me some relief to my balls and also drop 30g.
Selle Italia super flow saddle models have really good cutouts and one of their carbon rail models is around 126 grams in 143 width which fits most riders.

If you have 160mm rotors switching to 140s will save some weight.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Wow!

There are some mean spirited if not down right insulting posts on this thread. Perhaps I should rethink rejoining this site.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts