Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The FSA RD-120 stem is the only one I know of that has a 0 degree rise that would go well on a road bike (Thomson X4 is nice but on the bulky side). That said, I can't seem to find it anywhere in the US.

Any leads?

·
Registered
704 Posts
I've got a 0 rise Thomson, in polished alloy, on order through Glory Cycles. I went with Glory as I've bought stuff from them before and have had better experience with them than trying to order through my LBS.

Living around DC, the drive to even the nearest bike shop is an unpleasant half hour of driving, so it's easier to MO, much as I'd prefer to use a LBS... Plus most of them don't seem able to keep track of special orders.

If the stem you want is available in the US, a half-decent bike shop should be able to order you one through their supplier. When you look at the vast numbers of stems on the market, you can't blame any shop for not having one of everything, after all. I asked Glory, via e-mail, if they could get me what I wanted rather than what was on their website - no problem. Sure, it is going to mean me waiting a week or so, but I get what I want.

As usual, if you ask your question at the most likely source of the answer...

Regards

Dereck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.