Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
road bike resurrector
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess Ciocc has released some vintage-style frames. I like in particular the Mod. San Cristobal, with the polished chrome lugs. Anyone know where I can get one of these frames here in the States, in particular Florida?

They're in the 09 catalog on the website

·
n00bsauce
13,507 Posts
The US importer is Zar International, 425 Fairfield Ave, Building 3, Stamford, CT, 06902, tel.# 203-348-9703. Give them a call.

·
Registered
108 Posts
San Cristobal

j-dogg said:
I guess Ciocc has released some vintage-style frames. I like in particular the Mod. San Cristobal, with the polished chrome lugs. Anyone know where I can get one of these frames here in the States, in particular Florida?

Do you mean this gorgeous beauty? I can see why you would be lusting after one.
"Simple Elegance" comes to mind when I look at this frame. Match it up with a nice Centaur Alloy groupset and you would have one awesome ride.

·
duh...
9,658 Posts
wanna see something very sad?

you have been warned...

are you really sure?

here we go...

car v. bike, ca. mid-1990s

:cryin:

the full chrome fork is not pictured

·
duh...
9,658 Posts
Bertrand said:
Ouch! Can't be repaired?

sure it can... for almost the cost of a new frame. I've thought about it, still do, decals can be easily had. but not sure it would get ridden much, and some of the vintage parts are on other bikes, wheelsets have been sold or redished into SS or relaced for other bikes

·
road bike resurrector
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
FatTireFred said:
wanna see something very sad?

you have been warned...

are you really sure?

here we go...

car v. bike, ca. mid-1990s

:cryin:

the full chrome fork is not pictured
Is the fork trashed? I've been looking for a replacement for mine

·
Registered
108 Posts
No Luck yet.

j-dogg said:

Since you started this thread, I can't find anyone in the U.S. that has this frame including Zar's website. When I google it, nothing comes up but references to the older vintage San Cristobals. Now you've really got me curious on "how much it costs?" and "where can I get one?" The harder it is to find, the more seductive she becomes.

G

·
You could send Smart Cycles an email

http://www.smartcycles.com/coppi_casati_ciocc.htm

When I was a young guy, I had an Olmo. Most of the hot shots rode Colnagos or Pinarellos.

Every once in a while you saw a De Rosa but I would have killed for a Ciocc.

All these years later, I've still never had one, Almost bought one in Genius tubing a few months ago.

Should have.

·
road bike resurrector
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
yeah, I'm finding much of the same. vacation to Italy anyone?

There used to be an importer called Ten Speed Drive Imports that brought these in I wonder if they are still in business.

EDIT: After some Googling and searching on this website, not only did they go under, but the bike shop I built my current Ciocc in used to be Ten Speed Drive Imports.......holy ****, that explains a LOT. All of the NOS stuff I picked up from that shop says Ten Speed Drive on it. The Ciocc I own may very well have been imported from that shop, though there were no TSDI stickers on it when I acquired it.

There has to be some way I can get one of these in the States.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Smart Cycles

toomanybikes said:
Did you even look at the link I gave you?????
Have you had any luck dealing with Smart Cycle? I had attempted to contact them when I was looking for a new steel frame and got no response. They seem to have a lot of NOS Italian frames.

·
road bike resurrector
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
toomanybikes said:
Did you even look at the link I gave you?????
brilliant. I did now.

2 hours of sleep owns me >_> i'm gonna sleep well tonight.

2k i a bit steep for steel, although considering after all it is a Ciocc, I know how much mine cost to build, and how much they go for these days, I'm not the least bit surprised.

I would love to get one of those forks for my 84.

·
road bike resurrector
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Smartcycle is having a blowout on a bunch of their Italian frames, some decent NOS too.

This 59cm is looking pretty good right about now for my next build, I might even grab one of those De Benardi Columbus SLX frames for another NOS resto-build. The purple one looks fantastic.

<3 Italian frames

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ciocc Frames

Hi gang,

Dedham Bike in Dedham Mass. has been in touch with their importer within the past couple of days regarding the new San Cristobal and Replica framesets.

There are some available currently in the warehouse with more arriving shortly.

Check them out at www.Dedhambike.com or send an email to [email protected]

Take Care.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Wow, I did not know about these new Ciocc frames.

They are beautiful!

It's good to see the need for taller headtubes being addressed in these new steel frames. Even Colnago has the headtube extended above the lugs on the larger new Master Lights.

$2100 list for the San Cristobal and around $1800 for the Replica. So around the same price as the Derosa Neo Primato and Colnago Master Lights.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts