Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Where to ride in Charleston, SC?

I'm going to be in Charlston for a few days in the next month or two and am planning to log a solid 80-90 mile ride while there. Are there any spectacular routes or good climbs (hoping its not totally flat!) anybody can reccommend?

EDIT:

That should be SC, not NC!!!

·
Registered
239 Posts
Who knew there was a Charleston, NC? Darned if there wasn't. You sure you're not headed to Charleston, SC? That one is pure flat other than the bridges. I suspect that Charleston, NC isn't too hilly either given it's proximity to the East coast of the state, although, I've not been there.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Here's some info

I'm going to be in Charlston for a few days in the next month or two and am planning to log a solid 80-90 mile ride while there. Are there any spectacular routes or good climbs (hoping its not totally flat!) anybody can reccommend?

EDIT:

That should be SC, not NC!!!
There's a great set of rides out of the Trek Store in Mount Pleasant, just over the bridge from Charleston. Just be forewarned, the A ride is listed at 23+ for 55 miles. I can do that on flat ground. I was in town there last fall and went out with the A's and after 15 miles at a 28 average sitting in the back of the pace line I dropped back and let the B group pick me up! Some great flat riding all over that area. A group of folks rides over from Charleston to Mt Pleasant for these rides making it a 70-80 mile total ride.

Ride with the Trek Bicycle Store! - Trek Bicycle Store of Mount Pleasant, SC

Also check out this link for info on local routes and group rides most every day of the week.

Coastal Cyclists - Charleston, SC

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.