Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I remember there are two companies out there that make brake levers shaped like current campy copies. One is Cane Creek, who's the other manufacturer?

BTW, ayone has a pair of 8 speed Campy ergo levers in great condition for sale?

Thanks,

Mike

·
Banned
2,302 Posts
back before campy made aero levers (like around 85)some of the racers would use dia compe levers with their campy calipers...

i've seen the cane creek levers and don't really think they look that similar. they do look pretty comfortable though.

edit: I don't know what the current campy calipers look like so probably the cane creeks are similar(as stated below)

·
Registered
806 Posts
Tektro

orbeamike said:
Hi,
I remember there are two companies out there that make brake levers shaped like current campy copies. One is Cane Creek, who's the other manufacturer?

BTW, ayone has a pair of 8 speed Campy ergo levers in great condition for sale?

Thanks,

Mike
Tektro is the other; My impression is that the CC brakes are exactly the same thing with a tad bit more polish and nicer rubber hoods. In fact, I purchased some CC gum hoods to put on my Tektro levers.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Guess Who Makes Cane Creek Levers?

Quote from Sheldon Brown/Harris Cyclery

"BRL27 Cane Creek SCR-5 "Æro" levers with black hoods $39.95
These are super brake levers for road bikes, made by Tektro. These low-friction levers have a high mechanical advantage, and can significantly upgrade the braking performance of an older bike without changing the calipers.
They bear a very strong resemblance to Campagnolo Ergo brake/shift levers, only without the shift mechanism. Riders with large hands tend to find these especially comfy. They're very well made, with resin bodies and cold-forged 6061 aluminum levers, shaped for left/right hand individually."

·
In need of sock puppet
9,420 Posts
I bought a pair of Tektros to put on a cross project. Ick! They feel like the pivot is gritty and the body flexes like a piece of stamped metal crap. I pulled 'em off and replaced them with a pair of old crashed 1st gen campy chorus levers. A little sanding on the road rash, and the aluminum feels good - to top it off, the levers still are as silky as ever. They pull the Paul's retro/mafac cantis perfectly, with zero flex

My neighbor put new Cane Creek levers on his ss midge bar 29er (wacky concept!?!) and they feel much smoother than the Tektros, but still not as smooth as my 80's vintage campy levers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts