Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 251 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am curious to know which bike/frame you would choose if you could only own one single bike, it had to be a 2009 model.

Basically, which bike is the hottest bike of 2009?

I have a hard time deciding between

Cervelo S3

Pinarello Prince

Time RXR Ulteam

There are others, but these three tickle my senses

·
disgruntled pigskin fan
3,224 Posts
S3, and I'm not a cervelo fan, but dayum that's a nice looking bike. I'm a sucka for white paint.

I don't care for the prince. The weird fork and seat stays don't do it for me.

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Of those, my alter ego likes the Cervello and Time. They are a bit flashy for my riding. For a mainstream but custom build, the Serotta Ottrott has me lusting. One ride...no way. That is like drilling different sized holes with just one size drill bit...need more. :)

·
What the Hell is going on
5,188 Posts
SimianSpeedster said:

I know its not steel and all but its a damn sexy machine
As a long time Schwinn fan (and proud owner of several Paramounts) my vote goes to this one.

Are they available yet?

·
Rocket Scientist
1,009 Posts
Of the bikes mentioned, the Time gets my vote as the most promising, although there is another that I like more. Time really stepped up their top of the line bikes for 2009. I would like to see that seatpost assembly up close and reserve true judgement until I see how it rides but I'm looking forward to riding it.

Interesting so many people like the Pinarello. I'm not a fan of bikes with curved tubes. Just doesn't look that great to me. Do like their Montello a lot, though.

·
Carbon Fiber = Explode!
3,438 Posts
that Look Mondrian that got posted. Yeah 2008, but it's 2009 in my book.

1 - 20 of 251 Posts