Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who wants to weigh in on their pick for the most comfy bibs or shorts. There are so many to choose from. I've worn Pearl Izumi, Cannondale, Performance, Nike and Giordana. Anybody have any favorites?

·
$4000 bike - two bit legs
1,433 Posts
bibs

I've used PI, Garneu, Voler, Performance, and Campy. The Garneau are the most comfy (but a little tight), followed closely by Voler and Campy Technos. I've never stepped up to the plate financially and bought Assos or Castelli...I've rather have 2 or 3 Volers.

·
Premium Member
20,473 Posts
jaybike said:
Who wants to weigh in on their pick for the most comfy bibs or shorts. There are so many to choose from. I've worn Pearl Izumi, Cannondale, Performance, Nike and Giordana. Anybody have any favorites?
When these questions are asked, saddles are never mentioned. I have some shorts that are great on one bike but terrible on another because the saddles have different padding, shape or stitching. The worse combination is to have seam of the shorts sit on a saddle seam or stitch. That's about the only time I get saddle sores.

In general, Pearl Izumi micro-sensors or Velo shorts work the best for me......

·
Registered
732 Posts
RemingtonShowdown said:
I swear by the Pearl Izumi microsensor with that "3D" chammy, it's like wearing pampers but a damn comfortable pair at that. Oh and I'm sitting on a Fizik Alliante...
Is the 3D chamois significantly better than the much cheaper PRT (microsensor versus ultrasensor/attack). I have been using the PI Attack shorts, and I can't complain about them. I am however curious about the higher end shorts and whether they are really worth it - or is there diminishing returns for the money.

·
Censored by *********
1,397 Posts
Performance Elite bibs. Super comfy and 2 for $90. Can't beat that. I've got PI. They're okay but didn't last too long. Louis Geneau, or whatever his name is: awful. I use them for running because they're not fit for riding.

As long as Performance keeps making the Elite bibs the way they are, I have no reason to buy anything else.

Paul

·
Registered
732 Posts
bibs?

purplepaul said:
Performance Elite bibs. Super comfy and 2 for $90. Can't beat that. I've got PI. They're okay but didn't last too long. Louis Geneau, or whatever his name is: awful. I use them for running because they're not fit for riding.

As long as Performance keeps making the Elite bibs the way they are, I have no reason to buy anything else.

Paul
Are the bibs much better than regular shorts? In what way (if they are).

·
Rollin' Stones
2,560 Posts
I really like the Performance Elite shorts.

I have tried lots of different brands. Giordana, Nike, Performance's house brand, Biemme etc etc. I woiuld say Nike's are the worst I've tried. The best are the Peformance Elite's. I read a GREAT point about saddles and shortd/bibs. A lot is about personal preference and saddle position on the bike.
good luck!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Performance Elite

purplepaul said:

Paul
I've got the bibs and I like them. Especially for the price. Good quality shorts (actually bibs) for half what others cost. Everybody should give them a shot to see if they work.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I tried the performance elite bibs last year and really liked them. I'll pick up a couple more pairs this year when they go on sale.
Interesting note: if your thinking of also buying a pair of knickers, the performance elite bib knicks are not made the same as you might expect, even in the same size. Wouldn't reccomend the knicks

·
Registered
288 Posts
I was just looking at Performance Web Page and I did not see their Elite Bib shorts. Am I missing something here?

Frith when you ordered your shorts from Performance, what taxes and duty did you pay?(we are Canadian)

I ordered some sunglasses (Native Ryde) on sale for $20 from Nashbar a few weeks ago and did not pay anything except the postal shipping. Seems to be hit or miss as far as taxes, duty etc.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.