Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which inexpensive clip-on aero bars are the best? I would like to use them on my road bike for the TT in a weekend stage race and possibly a few other TT's. Ideally, I would like to be able to put them on and not adjust seat position.

· Registered
656 Posts
go to the store and check them out, if possible. Like saddles, it all depends. They make many different shapes for different reasons. THere have been studies showing s bends are the most aerodynamic, then others showing that they're no more aerodynamic than a regular bend. If you are going to get a pair and dont want to scoot the seat forward, make sure you get a short pair. Many people buy aeros that are too long and their position gets out of whack.

· Registered
4,838 Posts
86Sierra said:
Which inexpensive clip-on aero bars are the best? I would like to use them on my road bike for the TT in a weekend stage race and possibly a few other TT's. Ideally, I would like to be able to put them on and not adjust seat position.
syntace might work well

might be a problem if your short

· No Crybabies
11,692 Posts
depends

86Sierra said:
I have found that the Syntace SLS is extremely comfortable, as well as light. Not very cheap, though. The Vision bars car be set to be very low (with the pads almost down against the base bar/handlebar) if you remove the spacers between the pad holder and the bars, but they are not that comfortable. I use the Syntace for ultra events and the Vision for time trials. Forget the Vision stubby model, though -- it's worthless.

· Registered
768 Posts
I have a pair of Oval Concepts A710. I chose them because they allow me to get pretty low - the pads rest right on the bar tops and the extensions attach below the bar. All others that were available locally had the pads sitting pretty high and I couldn't get low enough. I think they were around $100. If you want to get fancy, the A910 is the same bar but carbon (the 710 is aluminum).

Good luck
Joe

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.