Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pro Wheel Builder has offer to let me send them a hub I have and build me a wheel, (Hed Beglium C2 rim)(I have gone thru about 5 rear wheels in the last 6 years, rim cracks around the DS nipples). I have a Dt Swiss 350 and a Bitex rear road hub, that was used on some of the failed rims. The mileage about the same and the bearings spin about the same, the width between the flange's is a little wider on the Bitex hub, so which one would you send them?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jay, you are right. I just talked to Richard at ProWheelBuilder, and after talking he said they were about the same, but if push to decide he said the Bitex, and he gave a few reasons why. So I having him build me 32 spoke 3x Hed Belgium C2, Black brass nipples, Black Sapim Race Spokes.

·
Premium Member
2,714 Posts
Jay, you are right. I just talked to Richard at ProWheelBuilder, and after talking he said they were about the same, but if push to decide he said the Bitex, and he gave a few reasons why. So I having him build me 32 spoke 3x Hed Belgium C2, Black brass nipples, Black Sapim Race Spokes.
Curious to what these reasons may be.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't remember all he said, some of it was over my head technical reasons, One thing was he didn't like the ratchet system.

·
Premium Member
2,714 Posts
I don't remember all he said, some of it was over my head technical reasons, One thing was he didn't like the ratchet system.
He did not like the ratchet system? The 350s are equipped with DT's star ratchet which has been long proven to be very durable and easily serviceable by the user. Doubtful Bitex has a better ratchet than DT.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts