Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my first pair of bike shoes on eBay but the seller didn't know which pedal system they use. The mounting points don't look like others I've seen.

Anyone know?

Thanks,

Damon

·
Registered
61 Posts
Damon L said:
I bought my first pair of bike shoes on eBay but the seller didn't know which pedal system they use. The mounting points don't look like others I've seen.

Anyone know?

Thanks,

Damon
I don't know about the bottom hole, but you can just use the top 3 holes for just about any pedal system, look, time, ect...

·
Registered
616 Posts
They are Northwaves. You need the inserts for the soles in order to mount cleats. There specific inserts for the different pedal systems.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
merckx56 said:
They are Northwaves. You need the inserts for the soles in order to mount cleats. There specific inserts for the different pedal systems.
Darn it! I thought the pedals came with the part that attaches to the shoes. Now I find that they do, but this particular shoe needs an additional adapter (that I don't have). I guess that's the reason I got them for $20. :)

There is an eBay seller that has the look adapters for $18, now I've got to decide whether to resell these or buy the adapters. I bought them because they were size 49 and cheap. They seem to fit pretty well so I guess I'll get the adapters.

Thanks,

Damon

·
Arrogant roadie.....
4,232 Posts
If you wear size 49, if they fit I'd keep them and buy an adapter. In your size, you'll be lucky to find a shoe under $150 that fits.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dave_Stohler said:
If you wear size 49, if they fit I'd keep them and buy an adapter. In your size, you'll be lucky to find a shoe under $150 that fits.
Thanks, that's what I plan to do. I got some Look pedals for $55 so even with buying the adapters I'll spend $20.25 + $21.00 + $55.00 = $ 96.25 (including shipping) to try clipless pedals.

I just have to figure out what model shoe I have since there seems to be more than one adapter available. Here's a better picture, anyone know?

Thanks,

Damon

1 - 6 of 6 Posts