Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would the cane creek scr-5 brake levers work with the tektro cr-720 brakes? I just want, cheap and all black.

I'm in the process of building/ordering a Spot belt drive. :thumbsup:

I'm a little confused on which levers go with which brakes. Thanks for any advise.

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
Yea. I used a tektro with mine and it worked fine.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I use Tektro RL520 with my Tektro CR-720 brakes and they work very well. Also use Swisstop green pads and the brakes stop as well as a decent road calliper

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
You also should look into the SRAM singlespeed levers. I'm currently using one as my left lever on my 1x10 setup (SRAM Rival integrated shifter on the right). The carbon version is pretty sharp-looking.

·
Registered
366 Posts
nspace said:
I am going with the SRAM S500 levers. They are like rival levers minus the shifters as pretender mentioned.

I can't stand the profile of the hoods with my Cane Creek levers, so I'm making the switch.
The SRAM levers might feel better in your hands, but I think that benefit is outweighed by the ability on the Tektros/Canes to open up the QR at the lever, like Campy. Makes for easy wheel changes, especially with fatter cx tires.

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
knucklesandwich said:
The SRAM levers might feel better in your hands, but I think that benefit is outweighed by the ability on the Tektros/Canes to open up the QR at the lever, like Campy. Makes for easy wheel changes, especially with fatter cx tires.
That lever release might come in handy once in a blue moon, but you still won't be able to get a fat tire in or out without releasing the straddle cable.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts