Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a trainer and seeing as i have various reasons i can't leave the house (new baby, dog that just went through back surgery as is temporarily paralyzed :eek: ) I need to buy a DVD that I can train with. Now, I looked through the posts via the search and everyone has different discs. i need a good intermediate disc to get me into shape. i currently ride about 100 miles a week and am in decent riding shape. i want something that is challenging but not a killer to start with. recommendations? TIA.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I personaly like time trial dvds. They usually have good interval training along with other bits of training. When I ride I like to watch time trial, climbing, and race simulation dvds. I am thinking about buying a sprinting dvd too. I would go with a time trial dvd.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have three or four spinervals, I really like Spinervals Competition 16.0: Aero Base Builder I. It's about 1hr 20 minutes, so a bit longer than some of the other spinerval dvds; it's a good work out that will have you sweating, but since it's aerobic, it won't wipe you out for the rest of the day. It is also good for working on higher cadence spinning.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Race Day with Robby Ventura is awesome

This video with shipping is pricey but very cool. On board cameras race the National Championship Criterium on former postal rider Robbie Ventura. Cadence and wattage along with perceived effort levels allow you to race alongside. Less costly than buying a computerized race simulation, and fun to watch without a trainer too.

·
Registered
52 Posts
BTW - I have two copies of 12.0: Recharge (50-min interval session for recovery rides) - I enjoy it; second copy is unopened. Available for $20 shipping included; send me a PM or via email if interested.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.