Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Converted Marathon Runner
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which "model" Superfeet insole is the "standard" one for cyclists?

Also, where is a decent place online to track a pair down for a good price?

Thanks a lot,

·
Every little counts...
3,924 Posts
I use the blue ones. But, someone here said they use a different colour. Best to take your cycling shoes to the running store and try them all! Fit is important, and the Blue ones take up the least volume inside the shoes.

·
n00bsauce
13,507 Posts
I use the green ones

10kman said:
Which "model" Superfeet insole is the "standard" one for cyclists?

Also, where is a decent place online to track a pair down for a good price?

Thanks a lot,

Because I need to take up some volume. I think the blue ones would be preferred because of the heal cup design. The insole is a little thinner and the heal design should provide a more stable platform. By all means take your riding shoes into a store and check them out before you buy. Get the one that works best in your shoes and on your feet. They are a "cut to fit" insert but hopefully the store has some for you to try. I just saw a whole rack at my local sporting goods store in the sports shoe area. You should be able to find a local retailer that carrys them. They weren't that expensive (under $20) and talking to a knowledgeable person can be helpful (hopefully the store actually has such a person).

·
Converted Marathon Runner
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds good....

Sounds good, I'll give them a call. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Blue

I had contacted superfeet about this. They typically suggest the grey ones but I ended up going with blue and liking the choice. The blue ones are like the green ones, but lower volume. As another poster said, if you WANT to take up more volume in the shoe you can consider thicker models.

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
I've used the grays and the greens...

The grays are recommended for cycling as they are raised in the heel area. They are thinner than the greens and offer more arch support. The greens are designed for running, walking and hiking. They offer more support and are thicker. The blues are a cross between the greens and the grays, a little thinner than the greens but thicker than the grays. I've used the greens for a number of years, a set will last me about a year. The grays were too thin for me. If you like to wear your cycling shoes on the snug side, the greens might fill up your shoe too much. I've had better luck with Sof Soles which are a over-the-counter orthotic that is designed primarilly for running. The plastic arch support is made from a harder material and offers more support for me. The footbed is made from a material that is similiar to Spenco, so you can slide your foot around and they feel more comfortable for me. They run about the same price as the Superfeet.

·
Registered
9,079 Posts
bodyfix.net

i got my orthotics there, which are made specifically for cyclists, yes they are a bit expensive, but they are good quality....and can be customized for leg-length discrepencies.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts