Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
your text here
13,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i think owens will end up in KC. maybe seattle.

eventually the raiders, but that should be two teams from now.

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
But, but, he loves his QB and all. He was crying too!!

Why would he leave???!!!

Good luck Raiders or Chiefs.

·
your text here
13,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i think there are so many teams that need a receiver, but the baggage is too much. cincy does need someone who can catch, but they are still dealing ocho cinqo. frying pan to fire.

there was speculation the pats might nab him. i doubt that would happen. if BB could get TO and Moss to play nice, i suggest we send him to the mideast.

TO has burned a lot of bridges, not just with players but coaches and staff. many of those are still in the game, but with different teams now.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Seattle won't touch TO. The GM has a thing for character and team chemistry. It would be an absolute 180 in their philosophy.

·
Stumpcake!
5,950 Posts
weltyed said:
they were my first thought, but he isnt old enough yet.

i also see them makin a run at vick.
Davis is enamored with talent no matter what the baggage so I could see either happen. I was thinking Cincy because Seattle just signed their recever whose name I won't even attempt to spell. I can't remember if Cincy picked up a Detroit receiver or not...I was thinking so that's why i gave the two pics I did.

·
Diphthong
4,986 Posts
I vote for Cincy or Oakland.

·
Jerkhard Sirdribbledick
27,036 Posts
Raiders is the obvious choice.

But I will say this: if the demand is low, his prive will drop and that will make a lot more teams interested.

TO is always great for a team in the first year, so I could see him going to a team that's close to success but not quite there.

I know the giants have said they're not interested, but if plaxico isn't expected back for 2010 I could see them signing TO for a one-year contract.

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
The Pats will nab him and hence, have an all star receiving line up of him, Welker and Moss with Gaffney playing second string in most formations save for the 4 wideout plays.

Then, TO will complain and Tom Brady will throw the most accurate pass right into his mouth and shut him up for good. After that, Ben Watson will powerbomb him.

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
22,021 Posts
Negatives....he's 36 YO, he's a cancer for more than a year, he drops a lot of balls, and he thinks he is worth more than he is.

Positives........for a team that is one receiver away (or thinks they are), he could add value....for a very short period of time.

My bet is DC or Oakland. Look for an owner with a large ego, who throws many away foolishly.

Len

·
It's not TOO Cold!
2,498 Posts
I heard Chris Mortenson on the radio last night. He said he had called all 32 teams, received many emphatic NO's. The only team that Mort could see him going to was Da' Raiders. I say good luck to both and SUCK IT WILDEBEAST

·
your text here
13,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
what about the bolts? he and rivers seem to have the same taunting skills. do they need a deep threat? they should have some cap space now that they jettisoned LT.

they did diss LT, right?

·
Jerkhard Sirdribbledick
27,036 Posts
weltyed said:
what about the bolts? he and rivers seem to have the same taunting skills. do they need a deep threat? they should have some cap space now that they jettisoned LT.

they did diss LT, right?
They would definitely fit in my close-but-not-quite-there yet profile.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Pains me to say it, but Dan Snyder has always liked old, formerly shiny objects.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.