Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I test rode a couple of bikes today. The Trek 1000 and the Giant OCR 3. The Trek was a 56 and the Giant was a medium. The Trek fit me well.

My wife liked the sizing on the Giant, but liked the ride on the Trek much better. Which Trek 1000 (mens or womens) would be the closest in geometry to the Giant OCR 3 (medium)?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Both companies web sites should list the geometry. If you are stuck on a Trek and the Pilot is a better fit, spend the extra money - you won't be sorry. As far as the 1000 goes, they should be able to make some minor adjustments to dial in the fit.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ash1 said:
Both companies web sites should list the geometry. If you are stuck on a Trek and the Pilot is a better fit, spend the extra money - you won't be sorry. As far as the 1000 goes, they should be able to make some minor adjustments to dial in the fit.
Should we look into the 54, 52, or 50cm Trek. She is 5'9". I know each one has a smaller top tube. Does the TT angle matter. According to the Giant website, the TT on the medium is 54.9cm. On the Trek website the 54cm 1000 is 54.6cm, while the WSD 1000 has a TT of 52.7.

·
Registered
17 Posts
It depends. You also need to know how the top tubes are measured. I believe that Trek measures the top tube slightly different than most builders. If she is 5'9", I would be willing to bet that the 54 is going to be a better fit than the 50 and 52, but there are other variable than height. I would go to a reputable shop and have them do the fitting. Even then, go with what feels best after some test rides. All too often a shop magically has exactly what you need in stock.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
shades9323 said:
Should we look into the 54, 52, or 50cm Trek. She is 5'9". I know each one has a smaller top tube. Does the TT angle matter. According to the Giant website, the TT on the medium is 54.9cm. On the Trek website the 54cm 1000 is 54.6cm, while the WSD 1000 has a TT of 52.7.
TT length matters a lot. Best is to just ride the bike and see which one feels the most natural to you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.