·
corning my own beef
5,713 Posts
First.

And addressing your query..... JUST SAY NO

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
If they aren't translucent, then it's fine really.

·
Old enough to know better
720 Posts
Friends don't let friends wear white bibs.....EVAR!

·
Steaming piles of opinion
10,503 Posts
uzziefly said:
If they aren't translucent, then it's fine really.
Even then, they show a bit more, um, topography than something black. Showing a bulge is one thing, showing your religion another.

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
gross.

·
Premium Member
10,106 Posts
teh moreon said:
are they rude?

or are they good?
You won't be the first RBRer to wear them. :)

BTW: I'm not the guy in the white shorts; I am on the far left in black shorts and a red jersey.

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Unless your saddle is spotlessly clean and it is a dry day; as long as you don't mind looking like you took a fresh dump in your shorts, go for it!

·
the fist
13,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
MarkS said:
BTW: I'm not the guy in the white shorts;
sure you aren't....:D

btw: thank you for being the only lownjer to use one of my quotes, as a sig.:thumbsup:

·
corning my own beef
5,713 Posts
Item #2,461 on the "Why White Shorts/Bibs Are a TERRIBLE Idea" list......

Can't wipe dirty hands on them after roadside repair...

·
Registered
261 Posts
johneO said:
Maybe I'd have to be a fatty to understand but I never really understood the draw of bibs either. My shorts seem to go on and stay in place without the suspenders.

Maybe it's a man girdle-thing.
Just try 'em. You'll never want to go back to shorts.

·
the fist
13,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
johneO said:
Maybe I'd have to be a fatty to understand but I never really understood the draw of bibs either. My shorts seem to go on and stay in place without the suspenders.

Maybe it's a man girdle-thing.
suspenders hold our pants up.

back support?

·
n00bsauce
13,507 Posts
Why are there only five bikes and six people?

·
Premium Member
10,106 Posts
teh moreon said:
sure you aren't....:D

btw: thank you for being the only lownjer to use one of my quotes, as a sig.:thumbsup:

If I could ride as well as the other people in the photo, I would wear white shorts all of the time and let people post pictures of it. Two of the guys in the photo -- not the guy in the white shorts -- have competed against people that you would recognize (and not from teh Lounge). There actually was a photo of me on RBR wearing white shorts, but it no longer is available. :D I bought a pair of Castelli shorts last summer that are white except for a black "modesty panel" in the middle. They look good, but address some of the issues with completely white shorts.

BTW: Thanks for the quote. I changed my sig as soon as you posted the quote in PO about a year or so ago. If I ever were crazy enough to get involved in politics, I would consider using it as a campaign slogan. :D

·
corning my own beef
5,713 Posts
Creakyknees said:
Noted at the races in Austin this weekend - the Texas Tech team has new kit.
Yeah... new kit that sux bahlz. GAAAHCK.

WTF were they thinking? Did Champ-Sys offer 50% off the order if everything in the kit was white???

1 - 20 of 39 Posts