Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 190 Posts

·
Scary Teddy Bear
14,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had this penchant....mostly due to Terry's Strong, for white frame colors....SO...post your white frames...a brief search turned up TMB's MXL, Len's Serotta and Sachs, Terry's Strong, and my Strada...but let's see everyone's

POST your white bikes....

·
Scary Teddy Bear
14,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know

chuckice said:
Not mine...but me likey...

that is about the only CF bike that has ever spoken to me is a white Look 585.....hmmm.....NOOOOOO...dammmit...

·
Scary Teddy Bear
14,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Scary Teddy Bear
14,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ETWN Stu said:
I have this on order with a pair of Bora Ultra...not all white but some is enough.

Also the color is my magic number too :)

https://thebikebarn.com.au/images/cus_ilos2.jpg

The frame sounds interesting....880 grams is LIGHT....

ILOS is a frame that weighs only 890 grams (ref. size M standard), is as thin as a blade, as light as a feather, as strong as steel, and opens the way to a new outlook in regards to the use of composite materials in bicycles. Thanks to an accurate study of the shapes of the tubes and their deformities, the important sections in all those areas subject to
maximum stress have been identified. In order to achieve the stiffness necessary for a top performing frame (high riding comfort, complete manageability and total absence of vibrations). Extra quality materials have been used, high module (HM) and high resistance (HR) carbon weave combined with superior quality epoxy resins, carbon-titanium and vectran weave reinforcements and Kevlar weave where accessories are fitted. It is mould manufactured with the Solid Carbon technology using the vacuum sack technique: the monocoque frame is forged, in a highly pressurized autoclave, with a seat tube which is integrated with the seat post fitted out with a CARRERA-PODIUM patented lock if requested.
The exclusively designed tubes are made using minimum dimensions. The frame has a slight sloping design and is made following exclusive CARRERA specifications. The headset is integrated 1”1/8. Spray painted by hand, 5 standard measurements are available.
The fork is monocoque LIGHT (320 gr). On request it is possible to have the frame with seat tube integrated with the seat post. Custom clours options are available as on all Carrera frames.

·
Registered
614 Posts
I know..

physasst said:

Carrera is one of those companies that have been infront of the latest trends for a long time. They take pride in their frames and paint work is just lush.

The weight referenced is for the medium and I have ordered extra small. I am hoping a sub six set up with Record and Bora..if not I could always loose the ITM bars and stem and opt for a light weight Deda set up. It will be geared up for long climbs so I should of also headed down the path of the low profile Hyperons but after reading about the benifits of a areo wheel on climbs and owning a pair of Mavic SSCSL Carbones before I thought I would give it a go.

Stu

·
cycling as lifestyle
472 Posts
ETWN Stu said:
physasst said:

Carrera is one of those companies that have been infront of the latest trends for a long time. They take pride in their frames and paint work is just lush.

The weight referenced is for the medium and I have ordered extra small. I am hoping a sub six set up with Record and Bora..if not I could always loose the ITM bars and stem and opt for a light weight Deda set up. It will be geared up for long climbs so I should of also headed down the path of the low profile Hyperons but after reading about the benifits of a areo wheel on climbs and owning a pair of Mavic SSCSL Carbones before I thought I would give it a go.

Stu
Extra small frame size? Out of curiosity, how tall are you (in centimeters)?

1 - 20 of 190 Posts