Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Stumpcake!
5,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
How is the easiest/best way to get replacement parts for a H1 rear hub? I'm an idiot and kinda went ape at some point in the past and stipped one of the three set screws on the adjusting collar. I can snug up everything (except that screw...it will tighten a little...not much) but after a couple of weeks it all loosens back up. It's not currently keeping me from riding but just a minor annoyance that I'd like to remedy. Anyhoo, I sent a message directly to WI but I'm not sure if that the best route or if anyone might know of somewhere that keeps spare parts.

·
Banned
3,305 Posts
Same here. They called me back right away.

I do have a White rear hub that I just replaced with a PowerTap.

If it's of use to you, you are welcome to have it.

Just PM me.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
If by "stripped" you mean that you rounded off the hex part of the setscrew, the easiest thing would be to strip down the hub and take one of the setscrews to a gool local hardware store (not a bigbox) that sells screws, etc. They will probably have small setscrews that will fit, I know my local Ace Hardware store has all sorts of things like that. As long as you have the hub apart, you may as well replace all three of them. Alternatively, call WI and buy some.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts