Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
9,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just built this up. An '06 LOOK 585. Complete bike weighs in at 15.3 pound. The frame is very comfortable, almost too comfortable. The only thing i didn't like about the frame is that i doesn't have barrel adjusters, so fine tuning the derailleurs on the road is a drag. Other than that, there is no bottom bracket flex or chain rub on the front derailleur. The frame is much nicer looking in person.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Very very nice !
Congtrats on a nice build.
I miss my Look 386 sometimes.
I know what you mean about comfy.

·
Juanmoretime
2,201 Posts
It look very good in white.

The Look 585 is on my short list of frames that I want to own. Nice job of putting it together. Did you go with Record or Chorus on the components?

·
Resident Curmudgeon
11,979 Posts
That looks terrific...no pun intended.

·
Registered
9,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Juanmoretime said:
The Look 585 is on my short list of frames that I want to own. Nice job of putting it together. Did you go with Record or Chorus on the components?
That's an odd question coming from you Juan. It's Record, with a Phil Wood ti bottom bracket. The rear derailleur has carbon pulleys that i got from Jason. And the post is an older Selcof Monocoque, stripped and clearcoated.

·
Cross Bike Collector.....
1,144 Posts
Zippi

Whats the Deal? You've already got an AWESOME Moots, Geez, How many nice bikes do you got? How bout a posting of each? Man, now I need a new bike......... ;)

·
Resident Dutchbag
11,864 Posts
There's something that I completely and utterly despise about this bike. The fact that it's not mine. :mad: ;)

·
Banned
653 Posts
Hi,
Just wondering why there are little rubber o-rings on your rear
brake cable (along your top tube). I think the cable is taut enough
so that there is no rubbing against the frame.
What gives?
:confused:

·
Registered
9,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Road cyclist said:
Hi,
Just wondering why there are little rubber o-rings on your rear
brake cable (along your top tube). I think the cable is taut enough
so that there is no rubbing against the frame.
What gives?
:confused:
I've always used them, but your right. Maybe i'll take 'em off and save some weight. Ha, Ha.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Zippi,

Nice bike man. Enjoy riding it.

I want to ask about the crank/bb. How is it? I know many say it is obsolete and isnt as stiff as the competitions cranks/bb. What are your thoughts?

·
Registered
9,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
HazemBata said:
Zippi,

Nice bike man. Enjoy riding it.

I want to ask about the crank/bb. How is it? I know many say it is obsolete and isnt as stiff as the competitions cranks/bb. What are your thoughts?
I've never had a problem with stiffness. HA, HA. But on a more serious note. I haven't noticed. Maybe if your a big boy, I like the simplicity of the square taper. I'm sure Campagnolo would've changed it if was obsolete.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Looks very nice. I've got 3+ years on my look 381 matte black and I got to say I have no intentions of replacing it anytime soon.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Juanmoretime said:
The Look 585 is on my short list of frames that I want to own.
Great minds think alike ;)

You know Juan since selling my 386i I really miss the Look geometry & ride. If I was this size I would jump on it at this price. Maybe it is your size? Although I love the white this price is like a grand off most I have seen. Zippi where did you buy yours?

Good Deal

·
Registered
482 Posts
Sorry I forgot to ask but..... Are the black LOOK logos cutouts in the paint? Meaning can you see carbon weave there?
Thanks

·
Registered
9,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
flying said:
Sorry I forgot to ask but..... Are the black LOOK logos cutouts in the paint? Meaning can you see carbon weave there?
Thanks
Yes, the paint has cutouts so you can see the carbon weave, very cool in person. The frame size is Medium, it's visible in the photo.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts