Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a preliminary interest in a century ride across the Kancamangus, west-east, then east-west through Crawford Notch, and down Franconia Notch back to the Kancamangus? Owmynads and I were considering between mid August and mid September.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Have fun.

I cannot come, but I have done that ride. It was many years ago, but I recall 5 big climbs and over 100 miles. It was a fantastic day.

·
Off the back
326 Posts
Day afte century

Inspector Gadget said:
Anyone have a preliminary interest in a century ride across the Kancamangus, west-east, then east-west through Crawford Notch, and down Franconia Notch back to the Kancamangus? Owmynads and I were considering between mid August and mid September.
August 22 will be the Tin Mountain century for the Mt Washington folks sadistic enough for a day 2 ride (Count me out!). The ride is open to those not doing the hill climb on the 21st. I think it covers pretty much the route you're asking about.

I know you could ride it unsupported, but if it's there...

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
we may arrange support

We were thinking of recruiting our wives to drive support for us. We just haven't told, er, asked them yet.
I am already planning on signing up for the Mt Washington Hillclimg again this year, and am not sadistic enough to ride a century the next day. Instead, I will probabIy be drowning my legs in Tiger Balm. I was considering the previous weekend, or wait until September, like the weekend after the Flattest Century. Thet would make a nice comparison.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Pondering Tin Mountain

I've been eyeing that century. I sounds like a real challenge. I plan to work on my climbing all spring and summer, and see how I do on the Tin.
When did you plan the Kank ride again?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Should it happen...

It would probably be in September. However, Owmynads and I decided to do the Mt Washington Century, as it was pointed out that it is supported. And I opted not to do the Mt Washington Hillclimb race the previous day, but only the practice ride the previous month. That said, it could still happen depending on our wives' willingness to support us and our willingness to ride it after experiencing the Washington Century. You can send an email if you would like to check back later in the season. I could decide to do it without him, if I am really driven to do it.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mt Washington

Gimf said:
Hello Gadget or Beantown,

Did you do the Mt Washington Century? The weather was grand!
No, unfortunately. We were on the other side of the Kank last weekend and did a half century there. Yes, the weather was grand. Unfortunately, summer plans have not always worked out as I would have liked. Maybe next year...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts