Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'll be vacationing in the Glen/N. Conway/Jackson area during this time. I'd be interested in any road related rides, routes or other goin's on.

I'm a proud member of Team Lardbutt (http://teamlardbutt.com/) and could help any fellow traveller with timely ride info in and around the Washington D.C. area (with a deep bow to fellow RBR member MB1).

Karl "I've heard Mt. Washington is a nice easy ride" Motobacon

·
Blah, Blah, Blah
618 Posts
There are many routes you can do from that area. You can follow 16 up to Gorham follow route 2 back route to route 3 (or 115 also I think) and then down 302 back to Conway. Pretty much takes you around the northern presidential range. Approx 80 miles I think.
The Kanc is a good ride. You have really two choices though. Ride the whole thing one way and come back the second or ride it over then on the way back take the Bear Notch Road and this will drop you out on 302 and you can follow that back to N. Conway. Nice decent down into Bartlett on 302.
There are some loops you can do by heading west too, but I've not ridden much that way.
You can also follow 16 into Tamworth and ride the 113 loop back to Tamworth. Be warned that 16 through the N. Conway Outlets area isn't exactly a biker's paradise, but there are ways around it.
You can also follow some roads into Maine for nice little jaunt.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hurricane mt. road out of Intervale has about 2 miles of 15% grade if you're in for some punishment. That one you can make a loop by taking 113 over to route 2 and back route 16. The ride around the North Presidentials the previous poster stated is my favorite with 2 major climbs; Pinkam Notch and route 2 out of Gorham. There is also a climb on that ride that goes over Crawford Notch which is not too bad. Also Bear Notch to the Kanc is a must do.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.