Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Banned
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Umm, WTF? Stop it, it's horrible. What's the point anyways, everyone knows your lame, you know your lame, and just stop acting black. Your never going to be black, have a small penis and no amount of pretending is going to change it.

Some examples:

I've blurred out the innocent, in this one.

Nice tattoo moron, I'm sure it's just black sharpe anyways.

·
Soon to be banned
14,475 Posts
FTF said:
Umm, WTF? Stop it, it's horrible. What's the point anyways, everyone knows your lame, you know your lame, and just stop acting black. Your never going to be black, have a small penis and no amount of pretending is going to change it.
Define what "acting black" means to you? Tell us why this is "horrible?"

Hate to say it bro, but you sound racist. :(

·
Banned
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
spyderman said:

Hate to say it bro, but you sound racist. :(
I'm just messing around man. I was kidding.....

·
Banned
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
rocco said:
FTF is trying to get a gig writing for Dave Chappelle
Ouch man ouch.

Probably more like FTF making a ass of himself, eh? Probably to many tubular glue fumes.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
can I get a what, what? ;)

·
jaded bitter joy crusher
19,723 Posts
spyderman said:
Back in the olden days, they had these things called "minstrel shows" where white guys would put on black makeup and act out exaggerations of their stereotypes of black behavior for the amusement of their white audiences. Kids these days do the same thing: they associate black culture and "keepin' it real" with the racist minstrelsy they see in gangsta videos and movies.

When was the last time you saw a teen trying to get street cred by emulating Martin Luther King, Langston Hughes, W.E.B. DuBois, or Walter Massey? Referring to kids acting all gangsta as "acting black" is racist when taken at face value, but it's an accurate description of how the kids themselves view their behavior. And it's "acting black" in the same way minstrel shows were "acting black," so until we come up with another name for it that doesn't sound impossibly politically correct that's what it's called.

But I'll tell you what P!sses me off. The other day at lunch a couple of my colleagues, none of whom has any african blood, were criticizing Condoleezza Rice for, in their words, "being an oreo." That one got me going. I could give a rat's a55 about ignorant kids who aren't going to amount to anything, but when a bunch of Ph.D.s with tenure in a major university think that a black woman can't be provost of an even bigger university, or go on to become secretary of state without it being "acting white" then we've got a problem.

·
Scary Teddy Bear
14,791 Posts
Agreed

Fredke said:
Back in the olden days, they had these things called "minstrel shows" where white guys would put on black makeup and act out exaggerations of their stereotypes of black behavior for the amusement of their white audiences. Kids these days do the same thing: they associate black culture and "keepin' it real" with the racist minstrelsy they see in gangsta videos and movies.

When was the last time you saw a teen trying to get street cred by emulating Martin Luther King, Langston Hughes, W.E.B. DuBois, or Walter Massey? Referring to kids acting all gangsta as "acting black" is racist when taken at face value, but it's an accurate description of how the kids themselves view their behavior. And it's "acting black" in the same way minstrel shows were "acting black," so until we come up with another name for it that doesn't sound impossibly politically correct that's what it's called.

But I'll tell you what P!sses me off. The other day at lunch a couple of my colleagues, none of whom has any african blood, were criticizing Condoleezza Rice for, in their words, "being an oreo." That one got me going. I could give a rat's a55 about ignorant kids who aren't going to amount to anything, but when a bunch of Ph.D.s with tenure in a major university think that a black woman can't be provost of an even bigger university, or go on to become secretary of state without it being "acting white" then we've got a problem.

that's a VERY racist attitude and completely inexcusable.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Fredke said:

I doubt your colleagues are calling Condi an Oreo because she is a black woman who has attained high stature but because she is playing a major role in a junta that has polices that are not in the best interests of black Americans. Or humanity, for that matter. Had to laugh when there was a poll showing the popularity of the Bush administration among blacks had shrunk to 2%, with a margin of error of plus or minus 4 percent!

·
Government Mule
1,326 Posts
The dude in the above photo needs to save his lunch money and get some ice in that grille.

·
jaded bitter joy crusher
19,723 Posts
jmoryl said:
I doubt your colleagues are calling Condi an Oreo because she is a black woman who has attained high stature but because she is playing a major role in a junta that has polices that are not in the best interests of black Americans. Or humanity, for that matter. Had to laugh when there was a poll showing the popularity of the Bush administration among blacks had shrunk to 2%, with a margin of error of plus or minus 4 percent!
As a card-carrying politically correct liberal, I still take offense at the idea that all black people should have the same values and political opinions and that everything a black person does must necessarily be about their race.

I disagree with practically everything Condoleezza Rice says and I have considerable objections to President Bush, but nothing in this is about race. Rice is a hell of a smart woman and her positions on foreign policy have nothing to do with race. Bush is an idiot and a liar, but he's sure as shooting not a racist. Not even a little bit.

What's incredibly racist about many of my liberal friends is that they drag race into everything a black person says. If Rice does some bone-headed things about Iraq and elsewhere, then it's got to be about her authenticity as a black person. That offends me much more than any policies Rice has supported.

Sorry about dragging this into PO territory

·
You're Not the Boss of Me
7,746 Posts
Sheryl Crow -- Breast Cancer?

I heard on the radio on the way to the office that Sheryl Crow's publicist has released info that she just underwent "minimally invasive" surgery for breast cancer (I assume a lumpectomy).

Don't know when it was diagnosed, but it would be ironic indeed if Lance's skeedaddle was around the time she found the lump, got the news, or whatever. I mean, I'm not saying that there's any connection whatsoever but it just struck me.

·
Resident Dutchbag
11,864 Posts
jtolleson said:
I heard on the radio on the way to the office that Sheryl Crow's publicist has released info that she just underwent "minimally invasive" surgery for breast cancer (I assume a lumpectomy).

Don't know when it was diagnosed, but it would be ironic indeed if Lance's skeedaddle was around the time she found the lump, got the news, or whatever. I mean, I'm not saying that there's any connection whatsoever but it just struck me.
What what what? Is Sheryl and or Lance acting like a black or what are you saying? What? :confused:

1 - 20 of 51 Posts