Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
your text here
13,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else get white streaks on their teeth when riding hard in cold weather? i just started to notice it. I will get done riding and my teeth will be cold. i look in teh mirror and have white streaks, mostly on the incisors, starting at the tip and going up toward the gums.

what is goin here?

·
In the zone.
163 Posts
Is your nose runny and are you only breathing out of your mouth when its cold out?

I see it all the time in patients who have allergies and breathe out of their mouth constantly due to their sinusitis. Not unusual.

·
your text here
13,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yup. im breathing out my mouth a lot lately.
do you know what causes it? because i could use some teeth whitening.

bikersteve said:
Is your nose runny and are you only breathing out of your mouth when its cold out?

I see it all the time in patients who have allergies and breathe out of their mouth constantly due to their sinusitis. Not unusual.

·
In the zone.
163 Posts
Maybe try some allergy meds if that's causing you to breath out of your mouth more often. Otherwise, it's just something that happens. Your teeth should be just fine. I dont know what will cure the vanity though. :D

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
weltyed said:
Anyone else get white streaks on their teeth when riding hard in cold weather? i just started to notice it. I will get done riding and my teeth will be cold. i look in teh mirror and have white streaks, mostly on the incisors, starting at the tip and going up toward the gums.

what is goin here?
Must have something to do with handling urine soaked toilet paper.

·
your text here
13,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
this was before that incident. and one of the reasons i know the time window of said urination.

Bocephus Jones II said:
Must have something to do with handling urine soaked toilet paper.

·
waterproof*
41,611 Posts
sometimes I get brown streaks on my underpants, but it doesn't seem to be related to cold weather.

·
Two scoops of inertia.
529 Posts
The visible structure of teeth is made of enamel which is organized into a regular grid of tubules. I don't know that it would happen that quickly but it's possible that the cold dry air passing your anterior teeth in particular could be dehydrating them causing them to whiten. That's how the light cured teeth whitening techniques work, but the chemical causes the whitening to be uniform.

·
Registered
607 Posts
weltyed said:

what is goin here?
Maybe you rode through a flock of seagulls. I’m reminded of the fellow who lost his chewing gum in a chicken coup…and thought he found it three times. :ihih:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.