bradwhite

Boulder, CO - Brad White of the UnitedHealthcare Pro Cycling Team Presented by Maxxis continued his run of good form, taking 3rd in the Koppenberg Road Race near Boulder, CO Saturday.

While it doesn't feature any cobbled sections, the Koppenberg is billed as a Boulder Spring Classic, offering up plenty of climbing and numerous sections of dirt to challenge the riders.

White was part of a five-rider group that battled for the race win. "I felt good about my chances in the sprint," White said. "But Jason Donald (Bahati Foundation) attacked with 4 km to go right after I had a turn on the front. I was a bit boxed in but soon got out and began the chase. I started the chase and Alex Dowsett (Trek Livestrong) followed.

"We needed to work well together to catch Jason," White continued. "I felt a bit like Alex was racing for 2nd, but I was after the win. I ended up 3rd instead."

White noted that riders were further challenged by regular 30 mph winds, with gusts of more than 50 mph.

"It was a great race," he said. "There were a lot of flat tires out there, but I was confident in my Maxxis tires. I rode the Edge deep section carbon wheels and even in the strong winds, It was no problem. They handled great."

Photo: Courtesy of Brad White