Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Monday, I flew from LA to Baltimore. As I was waiting in line at LAX to board the plane, there was a guy standing immediately in front of me whose appearance caught my attention. Here's a description as best I can remember: white, male, about 5'10" tall, thin build, late 30s-early 40s, a snake tatoo that wrapped around most of his left arm, another tatoo (not as distinctive) on his right arm, an earring in each ear, short cropped brown hair that was spotted with blonde frosting (looked professionally done) and wearing several rings on his fingers, one of which was so large and jeweled that it looked like it should have come from the estate of Liberace. He also was carrying an electric guitar in a fitted leather case. When the gate agent took the man's boarding pass, the boarding agent smiled as if he recognized the person. When we arrived at Baltimore, several passengers went up to the person and said hello; it looked like one of the passengers was asking for an autograph. I have no idea who this guy was. Any ideas?

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
MarkS said:
On Monday, I flew from LA to Baltimore. As I was waiting in line at LAX to board the plane, there was a guy standing immediately in front of me whose appearance caught my attention. Here's a description as best I can remember: white, male, about 5'10" tall, thin build, late 30s-early 40s, a snake tatoo that wrapped around most of his left arm, another tatoo (not as distinctive) on his right arm, an earring in each ear, short cropped brown hair that was spotted with blonde frosting (looked professionally done) and wearing several rings on his fingers, one of which was so large and jeweled that it looked like it should have come from the estate of Liberace. He also was carrying an electric guitar in a fitted leather case. When the gate agent took the man's boarding pass, the boarding agent smiled as if he recognized the person. When we arrived at Baltimore, several passengers went up to the person and said hello; it looked like one of the passengers was asking for an autograph. I have no idea who this guy was. Any ideas?
Rock star in LA with tattoos and a guitar? Could been any number of people from that description.

·
Premium Member
10,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Kind of like seeing a politician in DC

Bocephus Jones II said:
Rock star in LA with tattoos and a guitar? Could been any number of people from that description.
Yeah, I know. Seeing a rock star in LA is like seeing a Senator or Congressperson in DC. They're a dime a dozen. But, I thought it was worth a try. I'm sure if someone from LA said that they were getting on a plane in DC and a large, bloated, pink-faced, white-haired Senator who had a little too much to drink was getting on a plane, there may be more than one possibilty, but lots of us could narrow the field to two or three people.

·
a jumped up pantry boy
1,784 Posts
haiku d'etat said:
EGADS! it was YARBLE!
i was gonna say it was snake plissken, but he already left.

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
yarble said:
i was gonna say it was snake plissken, but he already left.
they call me snake plissken.

the ladies, they do.

etc etc and like that.

WWSPD?

·
In need of sock puppet
9,420 Posts
At my old B&B at Zion National Park, we had a group of Air Force Academy (AFA) guys book the whole house for a long four day weekend. Nice clean cut guys. They went on a hike to Angel's Landing, a knife edged precipice that juts up almost 1500 sheer feet from the canyon floor. The last 1/8 of the hike requires chains to climb the treacherous carved stone steps. The view from up top is awesome, and the hike itself induces awesome vertigo, so it's popular with studly young AFA types.

Descending the chain section is tough as well, every step looks like certain death if you screw up. But if you look across the steep, narrow stairs to a wide saddle of sandstone, you can see all the hikers about to venture up the chains.

My AFA guests confidently conquered the climb and were descending towards the saddle when they saw two wicked hot chicks in open bloused shirts, leather pants and high-heeled boots. Not climbing gear, but we were near Vegas so you'd get all sorts of folks at Zion. The chicks had long flowing hair, one blond, one deep brunette. This sight sparked the guys' fantasies and they were each speculating who'd have the best line, who'd be the charmer, what it would be like to conquer one of these hotties after conquering Angels Landing.

They went on and on, jibing, fantasizing, bantering, until they finally met up with the hot leather panted, high heel booted couple. At once they all dropped their jaws when they recognized who the famous chicas were. At the same moment, they all went silent as a stone.

The hot young couple from Vegas? Seigfried and Roy.

·
In need of sock puppet
9,420 Posts
haiku d'etat said:
Cooper: ew.
Exactly what all four AFA guys said. They were really, really embaressed to have verbalized about the "girls" so graphically. They only told me what happened cause I promised I would never tell anyone the story. Whoops, did I just tell that story?

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
thinkcooper said:
Exactly what all four AFA guys said. They were really, really embaressed to have verbalized about the "girls" so graphically. They only told me what happened cause I promised I would never tell anyone the story. Whoops, did I just tell that story?
if i had a B&B i'd prolly wire it with hidden cameras and sell videos OR blackmail.

but that's just me. you might do something different. because you have MORALS.

and like that.

etc. etc. etc.

·
In need of sock puppet
9,420 Posts
haiku d'etat said:
if i had a B&B i'd prolly wire it with hidden cameras and sell videos OR blackmail.

but that's just me. you might do something different. because you have MORALS.

and like that.

etc. etc. etc.
A cool thing about B&Bs. They're a romantic getaway. About 3 out of every 4 couples staying with you has sex in your house. It's fertile ground.

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
thinkcooper said:
A cool thing about B&Bs. They're a romantic getaway. About 3 out of every 4 couples staying with you has sex in your house. It's fertile ground.
fourth couple composed of moreons?

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
MarkS said:
Brian Setzer?

·
Sticky Valentine
28,404 Posts
I don't think it'd be Setzer. He's got a ton of tat's on both arms. And he's friggin tiny.

joe

·
My back hurts
4,862 Posts
JoeDaddio said:
I don't think it'd be Setzer. He's got a ton of tat's on both arms. And he's friggin tiny.
And he looks like he's about 70. I saw the Stray Cats in a small club after their first album came out and Setzer looked like he was pushing 35 back then.

·
Premium Member
10,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
vol245 said:
Brian Setzer?
I just looked at some pics of Brian Setzer. It was not him -- the guy I saw had much shorter hair and looked a little younger.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
thinkcooper said:
Or as the saying goes, "good from afar, but far from good."

1 - 20 of 23 Posts