Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just built my first fixed gear out of a early nineties gt mountain bike frame. i used a surly fixer hub. still have my triple crank on it with bramma handle bars and a fender. it looks extemely ghetto but is a blast. my first hill i almost blew out my knee when i forgot about the whole fixed thing. fixed riding kicks ass. i love it. i'll post some pics as soon as i find a digital camera and figure out how to post. anyone got pics of a ghetto fixie?

·
Registered
119 Posts
dtimms said:
i just built my first fixed gear out of a early nineties gt mountain bike frame. i used a surly fixer hub. still have my triple crank on it with bramma handle bars and a fender. it looks extemely ghetto but is a blast. my first hill i almost blew out my knee when i forgot about the whole fixed thing. fixed riding kicks ass. i love it. i'll post some pics as soon as i find a digital camera and figure out how to post. anyone got pics of a ghetto fixie?
I'm in the middle of building El Bastardo.

a 1991 Yokota Yosemite that we brazed track ends on to, it's getting it's flat black paint this week. 26x1.9 slicks and drop bars.

After the ends and sandblasting

·
Registered
0 Posts
Mine is fairly ghetto, I even live across the street from HUD housing.

It's a steel lugged frame, it was given to me by a neighbor and was decked out as a touring bike with fenders and a rack. The bike has Phil Wood hubs and decent double wall aluminium rims, I put a pair of mtb risers upside down cuz the drops were really narrow. My first attemt to fix it was to take a toe strap and tie it up in the casseette, it actually worked pretty well for a week. then I found a rear wheel off a langster that was damaged in shipping, some of the pics have a set of wheels off my buddies fixie that we had to see how a pair of 700c's would fit. and the langster wheel isn't there. I also moved the brake to the right hand so i can signal going downhill. This bike turned out to be perfect there is absolutely no drivetrain noise all my buddies bikes make a hell of a racket. I just put an 8.00 dollar chain on it from Dicks.

http://community.wvu.edu/~jak025/Street_Fixie/Street_Fixie.html

1 - 3 of 3 Posts