Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who's the guy running alongside the riders with a football helmet and the antlers?

Am I correct in thinking that he shows up at the Tour de France as well?

That has to be a lot of weight on his head!

·
Registered
644 Posts
Iirc...

He is an airplane mechanic or just works for an airline co. if I'm not mistaken.
A friend of mine talked to him at the Solvang stage said the guy is planning on going to the Giro in May!

·
Have good, get give
964 Posts
those look like sidis that he is running in. what's the full story here? Can he break down his gear to carry on his bike somehow?

·
Cat 6 rider
3,090 Posts
culdeus said:
those look like sidis that he is running in. what's the full story here? Can he break down his gear to carry on his bike somehow?
Are you kidding? When you've got antlers you ride with 'em :D

Next year all the pro tour teams will have them. They break up the air before it gets to the helmet and decrease drag, though they do add weight, and make it more difficult to suck wheel :eek:

·
Registered
336 Posts
He's been around awhile and used to cheer lance at tour and stuff, then changed outfits for levi. I met him a few years ago where the cops at the long beach stage arrested him for doing this, then they let him go. LOL.

Cops are awesome. one Pasadena cop was yelling at kids to stop coloring in the road with the Livestrong chalk at the rosebowl.......

·
Registered
962 Posts
Andrea138 said:
I wonder if he has drilled the middle of the antlers out at all to lighten them. My dad is a hinter and has a comparable set hanging on his wall... they're really farkin heavy!

I believe the antlers are fake. I sawa close up of them and they looked to be made out of foam.

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
I like Antler Man, the devil, etc. But Im starting to think some of these outfits Ive seen people wearing are a bit much.

Its a sporting event, not a Halloween party.

·
Banned
3,060 Posts
It's a good thing stage racing hasn't come to Wisconsin. He'd be stuffed and mounted on a wall.

·
Does it matter?
751 Posts
il sogno said:
I saw him riding his Cannondale with his antlers on at the TT in Solvang.
I saw that too, and thought if he falls he's going to break his neck. When I saw him it was the horns not antlers that he was wearing. But if like mentioned here elsewhere, that they are made of foam then they'd probably just break.

·
Climbs like a sprinter...
6,976 Posts
Mersault said:
I saw that too, and thought if he falls he's going to break his neck.
I live about an hour and a half from Yellowstone and they just had an article in the paper about a big bull elk that was regular fixture at one of the hot springs up there. He recently died in a freak accident. Apparently he tripped jumping over a fence and drove his antlers into the ground. He couldn't pull them out and he suffocated because of the angle that his windpipe was at.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I met him briefly in passing last year at ToC. My impression was he has quite a few screws missing.

I saw him this year in person at the Solvang TT. The horns this year looked very real, just judging from how he walked, ran, and road a bike with that helmet on. They had mass as he moved his head, neck, and body to support them.

1 - 20 of 122 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.