Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
wasssabi
2,081 Posts
If we are not talking about guys who have been hauled away in an ambulance, I'd say Tejay is done. Also as a team Cannondale is looking pretty lame. Disappointing.

·
Man, I'm Awesome
2,175 Posts
If we are not talking about guys who have been hauled away in an ambulance, I'd say Tejay is done.

Tejay is having a fantastic tour. He hasn't abandoned yet and then blamed the Tour organizers for such a tough course.

·
Administrator
13,009 Posts
Lets just say the Astana team bus is probably a bit tense. . .

·
Devoid of all flim-flam
7,285 Posts
I'm just looking at performance here, not bad luck -- Quintana. Astana. I still think Teejay is in the mix but he came off as pretty depressed in the post-race interview yesterday. I'm hoping it was just exhaustion.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Quintana's a bit of a shocker to me. Perhaps he's waiting until week three but I was amazed how badly his time trial went after how sharp he looked in the Route de Sud.

Aru looks weak, Nibali's a bit worthless.

Tejay keeps bleeding time and looking more and more tired. Porte's much stronger.

Rolland and Cannondale have been nowhere. I'm sick of this team underperforming, they need to do something.

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
Jack Bauer.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
All the French = teams + individual riders. Zero victories. Black cloud over France.

·
wut?
504 Posts
Contador's tour hasn't exactly gone as planned. Too bad too because I think it would be a much more exciting race with him in the GC mix.

·
Registered
20,781 Posts
Sagan, he should always win the flat stages.
Huh? No he shouldn't. He's far from the best overall sprinter. Something would be seriously wrong if he won all the flat stages.

It could be argued Sagan is having the best tour of anyone, even Froome or Cavendish.
Sagan has 3 stage wins
7 podiums
3 days in Yellow
10 days in Green
5 interim sprints

·
Fat & Single
205 Posts
Sagan is the best rider by far on the mix of flat and hills stages, he can climb the smaller hills/mountains and out sprint any of the breakaway.

Greipel must be disappointed... I really didn't think Cav had another win in him, was way out with that thought.

Apart from the above, as far as the hopes of France, Thibaut Pinot was poor.

·
Neophyte
2,190 Posts
They were noting on TV that so far into the race, no French, Italian or Spanish rider has won a stage yet.

I am not a racer and probably not as educated on pro racing as most folks here, but Tejay seems to be a non-surprising disappointment. I have to think it's frustrating to be on team BMC with him as one of the leaders to support. I remember thinking when they signed Richie Port that they must be losing faith in him. When Porte had his flat tire, I wasn't thinking "now Tejay is the sole leader"... I was thinking "how long will it take Porte to pass Tejay in the GC".

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'd like to put Quintana at the top of the list now. Just like they mentioned on the telecast today, all he did was talk about making his move in the Alps. He made a move, too bad it was backwards.

TJ is a also a non-surprising disappointment. The poster that stated that was right on the money.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts