Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
corning my own beef
5,713 Posts
amazingly, the very same thing happened a few days ago. Identical situation. Caught on video from the bike. He even hit the same old(er) guy. What are the odds? Apparently, neither of them learned from their experience.

translation: "this was posted a few days ago..."

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
The pedistrian was looking where traffic was coming from...given the climate, one has to expect the unexpected. I bet bike dude is just waiting to become a hood ornament. :nonod:

·
Registered
218 Posts
Gotta side with the codger. I expect traffic (and bikes are traffic) to come in the direction specified if it is a one way street.

Flexing my internet muscles from here safely seated behind my keyboard, I would have knocked him off his seat if he had knocked me down like that...

·
For the Horde!
70 Posts
I think this is a case of who is the bigger idiot.

The dude on the bike wins this one. Not only for going the wrong way down a one way street IN traffic. Also, for the stupid *it cancels out* comment.

·
Registered
352 Posts
It is somewhat embarrassing that we have in our midst morons like that. Cancels out? He never even got off his bike to help the guy up and apologize like a man. Instead he posts the video on the internet? Pathetic.

·
Registered
47 Posts
punk

sculpin said:
Gotta side with the codger. I expect traffic (and bikes are traffic) to come in the direction specified if it is a one way street.

Flexing my internet muscles from here safely seated behind my keyboard, I would have knocked him off his seat if he had knocked me down like that...
right there with ya.............

·
No Bonk Zone
317 Posts
The pedestrian, while not using the crosswalk, was understandably looking in the direct of oncoming traffic. He had no reason to expect someone to come at him from the other direction.
So the cyclist is to blame here... And he should have apologized profusely to the pedestrian, instead of lecturing him...

·
ok
274 Posts
Moron with a capital M. What a flipping idiot !! He rides against traffic, barely touching the handlebar with the tips of his left hand fingers, then plows right in the old guy, instead of going around on the right, there was enough room.
Darwin would have to reconsider his "evolutionist" theory if he saw that.

·
Moderatus Puisne
15,886 Posts
That was awesome.

No harm, no foul, but I'd put a little more blame on the vehicle driver going the wrong way.

I lived in a city with a mix of one-way and two-way grids long enough to learn to still look both ways, even if one is the wrong one.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Depends on the city I suppose. In if you're in NYC and actually think to get to a corner and use a cross walk - you're a moron. Just look for oncoming traffic, in which case the cyclist is clearly wrong. There's no such thing as waiting for a crosswalk in most large cities.

In other cities where using a cross walk is more common, they might both be to blame, but the cyclist is still in the wrong. Wrong way down a one way street versus jaywalking? vehicle (bike) is wrong every time.

·
Baltic Scum
1,826 Posts
Clear cut - the douchely rider. I grew up learning that the faster/bigger vehicle has to watch out for the little /slower one. Thus, the blame falls always as follows: airplane > car > bicycle > pedestrian > turtle

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.